1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best 6-string fretless for under $2,000?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kazz3lrath, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

Jan 5, 2012
    I've heard the Warwick pro series Corvette isn't bad, but I've also heard their Korean models don't always have great QC.

2. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Personally, I would wait for a well priced Roscoe SKB 6er. Usually around $2k.

mark beem likes this.
  3. BryanB

BryanB Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Ed Friedland posted a preview video on the Carvin Vanquish 5 string fretless on youtube. He seems pretty impressed in the preview. They also offer a six string version.

mark beem likes this.
  4. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Yup. $2K gives you a lot of room to shop around.

5. Pachap

Pachap

Jun 21, 2014
    Savannahstan, GA
    I imagine there is a lot of good stuff on the used market for that price. At that point, it's not necessarily what is best. I would think that at that price, you can get a fine instrument. At that point it comes down to the deals available.

6. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    Build a Gecko!

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

There is no wrong answer with that kind of budget, just personal preferences.

8. Kragnorak

Kragnorak

Sep 20, 2008
    I've been wondering the exact same thing. My ideal fretless is a Pedulla Pentabuzz or Hexabuzz for mwah or F Bass for all-around awesome tone, but both are around $5k new and $2500 - $3k used.

Are there any luthiers whose fretlesses have similar qualities to either of those?

9. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Looks for a used Spector Euro 6 LX

raventepes likes this.
  10. raventepes

raventepes

Jan 7, 2012
    Reno, NV
    This, or a Schecter Stiletto Studio 6 fretless comes new at $800, through the right retailers

Thomas Kievit likes this.
  11. Jaco Taco

Jaco Taco

Jul 30, 2012
    He ALWAYS seems impressed! He's not allowed to give a negative review on a bass.

12. gpx1200

gpx1200

Apr 24, 2013
    spencer mass
    +1 to building a warmoth gecko they have some nice wood options and the necks just plain kick ass, I have a five string gecko and a five string fretless being made

13. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Also a good one, though I'm not sure if he likes lined fretless..

14. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

Jan 5, 2012
    Thanks for the advice guys! I'm looking into everything mentioned as well as the Kingston Heir Z 6 in fretless. Has anyone heard anything about it? The ebonol fingerboard intrigues me, but I'm worried the B might be floppy. Also can't seem to find out much regarding the pickups.