1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best $88 I have spent

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by five7, Nov 22, 2018.

1. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    Was out looking for a new cabinet yesterday and was hitting up pawn shops. First one I go in I see this little combo with a price of $88 on it. Ask if I can try it out but they have no bass, so girl gives me a squier guitar. Plug it in and try all the knobs and they work. Take it down to the practice space this morning and this thing seriously pumps. Blown away. Had bought an Ampeg ba108 a few days ago and was not impressed with it. Said bye to it last night when someone offered me what I paid for it.
    Found a Rumble 410 at Guitar center later yesterday and am happy with it too. Like new for $200. The GC I was in had quite a few svt's. Two svtII's, a svt4, a 7 and an old v6B.
    Love some good used gear, goes well with turkey.

cubebass. cubepanel. gcsvt.

2. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Wow
    An old V6 on the bottom
    I had one but it was not that great

3. voided3

voided3

Nov 11, 2008
    Nice! I have its guitar amp cousin, the Cube 80XL. It’s been a great workhorse amp over the years, lately seeing duty for cocktail hour jazz sets at wedding gigs. I’ve used it to play clubs and recording sessions and used to bring it on the train all the time when I was in the city. Thanks to the Tuki cover, it still looks new, too.

4. Hmm, there's a Bass Cube at my nearest GC, wish I'd tried it now. I was just there on Tuesday.

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    Roland is under rated.

6. Buy the SVT2!

7. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Those are great little combos. Good, loud sound for its size, ruggedly built, and the onboard effects are decent too.

Aqualung60 likes this.
  8. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Cool find five7!
    Some nice used stuff in that pic. I'd buy either the SVTII or the Eden.

9. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Used one for years, great for the compact size. Nice find!

10. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I’m keeping an eye out for an inexpensive KC-550. Literally the only gear purchase I’m contemplating.

11. Cubes rock. Good score, congrats and enjoy.

12. Low Down Brown

Low Down Brown Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Erf
    Those are great little amps. I gigged with one of those for several years. I really liked the amp models, the XLR was great for FOH, and the whizzer style speaker sounded fantastic for upright and fretless. I regret trading it sometimes. Nice find for $88.

13. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Yeah, that little 20-watt single 8 isn't going to hold a candle to a 100-watt single 12 Roland. Those things make killer keyboard amps and are super articulate for their size.

The Ampeg V6b is a killer amp if your looking for garage punk. Sounds sweet in the treble mid section for a little 240 watt amp.

14. Raw N Low

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    I take it that you were at the Arvada GC? I think that V6 has been sitting there for awhile and have contemplated it a few times.

five7 likes this.
  15. LoTone

LoTone Clean as an Entwistle... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Quebec, Canada
    These Roland CUBE combos are a bit pricey when brand new but the COSM emulation is actually quite good.

16. Man. I almost played that v6 the other day but was already buying a pr410hlf from there on the cheap and wasn’t gonna be able to convince my gal to let me get 2 new things in the same day. One of those 2 pros sounded didn’t sound correct to me.

Raw N Low likes this.
  17. Raw N Low

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Definitely isn't stacked with loving care. Nothing is in that back corner if my memory serves me correctly. I saw that killer Ibanez Prestige 5 they had hanging up there as well. I speculate that the V6 paired with a light OD and 212 cab played with a pick would sound killer.

18. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    They had 2 of them both were priced at 750. Sold my classic last year and I was tempted as I love the sound of the II but hate moving them myself.

Yes, Arvada. I like that GC better than the other two. They should lower the price on the V6, cool old amp.

Raw N Low likes this.
  19. Dang it. Now I want to go and play with it. If I remember correctly the price wasn’t very high either. I always wonder how much they buy used stuff for because some of those prices are low on that used gear. I would rather just cut the middle man out and sell my stuff cheap. I saw that rumble and was wondering about it. I have a few of the older fender pro cabs and I love them.

five7 and Raw N Low like this.
  20. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    If you go try it don't use the tc electronic cab it is setting on. Cab sounded bad when I was there.