1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best active under 700$

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nnorbie14, Nov 20, 2010.

1. nnorbie14

nnorbie14

Sep 26, 2010
    What basses do you think are awesome under 700$(new,actual price,not musician's friend price,as it only ships in usa,canada,australia).Smooth,jazzy sounding bases are an advantage for me.

The active squier seems nice,but I'm just wondering if there's anything more expensive/of higher quality,which I wouldn't have to modify to get a nice sound.

2. Nightwing16

Nightwing16

Nov 3, 2010
    Pekin
    I bought a Yamaha TRB 1005 for $500.00 and it is the only bass I play live. I don't think Yamaha makes it anymore.:bassist:

3. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    G&L Tributes?

4. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Loving my new to me Ibanez BTB 555. mMnt condition for $255 with a case off the bay. Lots of tones, Barts, and a sweepable EQ. Oh and I was able to just the action insanely low with no buzzing! I have no intention on modding anything this bass.

5. +2 to the ibanez notion.

6. I think the L-2000 is a sweet active, but if the OP can't get MF to ship to wherever he lives, I'm not so sure he's going to find a G&L dealer in his neighborhood.

:meh:

I like the Fender Deluxe P Special, but the MSRP is close to $900. Not sure what the "street price" is in your neck of the woods, but you find them online for around $650.

I've also heard a lot of good things about the Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass IV Active, but I've never had the chance to play one.

7. I've had my Ibanez SR500 for almost a year now, and I'm really happy with it. List price is $730, Guitar Center price is $550 new. Easy, fast-playing neck, and a modern but versatile tone.

8. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Fender Deluxe Active P.