1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best add-on cab for GK Neo 410 w/GK 1001 RB

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gregmon79, Mar 12, 2013.

1. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I've been searching threads for this particular subject and haven't yet found any really descriptive ones. I have a GK Neo 410 and one of these days I will want to add another cab onto this one. I don't want to replace it and get something bigger like a 412, I want to add onto what I have. I'd be pushing both cabs with the GK 1001 RB. What would you do?? I'd like to think adding a 212 Neo would be rediculously awesome but I saw a couple of people make comments on here stating that it would sound bad but that was all they said, no reasoning and such. What are your opinions on this and what would you get for an add on??

2. The best pairing with your 410, is a matching 410.

3. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    How do you think a 212 would sound w/ the 410?

4. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Is an identical 4-10, if you like the one you have.

I have the exact GK head (1001) with a 4-10 neo.

Just for ha ha's, I bought a 2-12 neo to have what I'd consider a mid-sized amp. The 2-12 sounds good paired with the 4-10. I like the 12's on the top of the stack.

5. Pokerdweebz

Pokerdweebz

Oct 26, 2012
    Lititz, PA
    The general consensus on talkbass is the best thing to do it add another of the same cab. That doesn't mean adding a different cab will sound bad. It means matching cabs will sound the BEST.

6. It will be louder than your 410 alone. Two 410s will be louder still.

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    The best add on is another matching 410.

The GK Neo 410 is tuned lower than the 212; and the two are not a great pairing, IMO/IME.

I personally preferred the more even voicing of the 212, and sold the 410.

8. basser05

basser05 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I play a 4x10 and 2x12 with the 2x12 on top and I love it. It does exactly what I wanted it to do. The 12's seem to help it sit in the mix better while being heard. Since I've been playing with it, it seems like I can turn up louder without everyone thinking I'm too loud if that makes any sense lol. I don't have to be booming loud to hear myself and I'm super happy with my tone. I'm using a gk mb 500 fusion but I'm sure the 1001rb will sound great too. I know others will have different opinions but that's MY opinion on the subject!

9. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Thanks for the opinions peeps, that's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. I will continue my research. Although I'm sure I won't know for sure until I try it. I won't be getting anything anytime soon, GAS hit me hard the beginning of this year, but I'm still gonna look and listen :)

10. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Also: the 212 is 20lbs lighter than the 410...........

11. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Oh man I'd really dig some weight reduction!! Can the 212 handle as much power as the 410 can??

12. basser05

Jul 30, 2010
    +1!!

It's also easier to carry due to size in general.

I messed up and got the first series so i have to stack them in their sides but I've grown to like that bc it doesn't roll and I can leave the wheels in! Do the neo II's stack vertically? And also I was thinking of getting a 1x12, would it stack with the 2x12 I have?

13. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    410 800 watts
    212 600 watts

14. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Also, for what little it's worth in terms of the original question;

I often use GK Neo 112 over GK Neo212.
    Robert Gallien recommended this to Tom, and it actually works out really well.

Fatter and louder than the 2xNeo112's I use often,
    which is yet another answer you didn't ask for ;)

I have two of the 212's, I very seldom need that, so, I very seldom move that.

15. basser05

Jul 30, 2010
    Does the 112 stack with the 2x12? When I got the 4x10 and 2x12 I also had plans for later to get a 1x12 for something a little smaller/different

16. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    yes, it does

17. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Decisions decisions!!!!! :-0

18. basser05

Jul 30, 2010
    Well, I did some searching of dimensions of the neo cabs and I would have to turn my 2x12 on its side to stack it bc I got the first series! I have to do that anyway to stack with my 4x10 but I did turn the gk logo the other way and put it in the middle and painted the grills black..it sounds GREAT but I do wish I would've gotten the neo II series so it would stack with the 1x12. I'm thinking ab putting the 2x12 in the for sale forum and try to sale or trade it and get a neo II series but it would be a LONG shot!

19. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Its worth a shot!