Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best album EVER

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by paniak17, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Two words....Abbey Road.....the genius in fusing songs together really show Lennon Mccartney and Harrison(and octapus garden by ringo) at there best.

2. sry guys im a REALLY big beatles fan....well everything post Rubber Soul.

3. Gotta agree with you there.

4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    im not a big beatles fan but damn they are great songwriters. great job at progressing into the next parts of songs. they are geniuses when it comes to transition. there are also some songs theyve done that just always make me feel like 'damn ill never get close to piecing riffs together this well'

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

Little slow on the up-take? That album has been out for over 30 years. :D

Just kidding buddy, good choice. It is a great album, as are Revolver and the White Album.

6. As is every album they releasede after "With the Beatles."

7. you forgot a few :D

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Really I was just picking favorites, I love all their albums. Revovler and the White Album really move me though.

9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The cheese factor of "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" and "Octopus' Garden" kill Abbey Road for me. I actually listen without those songs.

As for the "best album" without a weak cut, the album that is perfect, beginning to end, ... that would be "Who's Next" by The Who. The only thing that could make it better would be the inclusion of "Pure & Easy".

10. Woah..thats tough dude. I know more than one album with all perfect cuts (doors, and some that i cant remember). As for pure genius in them...thats way too hard...abbey road is great but its not an album that kills me everytime I hear it. BUT the ones that do tend to include some sloppier albums: Cheap thrills - big bro and co., iron maiden, hendrix Electric LadyLand (prob my fav album ever even though the songs are kinda all over the place in style), Who's Next, The Doors, Al Di Meola Electric Rendezvous, THe Airplane surrealistic pillow, davis kind of blue, coltrane blue train (two fav jazz not because of hype), buddy guy - some blue note recording, beatles - sgt pepper/abbey, paul simon graceland..hmm those are the albums I listen to most often (chronically really, heh)...well...didnt really conclude anything except that the best album ever is your favourite to listen to :D

Peace,
    Colin

11. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Quadrophenia, by The Who. Period.

12. I would also say Abbey Road is the best album ever.

I do agree that there is a certain amount of 'cheese' with Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Octopus' Garden but there is also some cool black humor (Maxwell) and some great guitar playing (Octopus') on those songs.

I also think the argument of "all perfect cuts" is valid but, for me, the thing I find amazing about Abbey Road is how all the songs work together. It's like going on a little journey that culminates with one of the best lines in rock and roll: The love you take is equal to the love you make.... Awsome!

Yes I am ignoring "Her Majesty" so don't bring it up. ;)

13. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Well, it's a double album, but Zep's "Physical Graffiti" always blows me away.

14. Iron Maiden - Killers

I NEVER get bored with it

Close second

Abigor - Orkblut (talking about transitions these guys go from haunting flute to absolutely blistering static/noise really gets my blood pumping)

15. Geezer_Butler

Geezer_Butler

Feb 13, 2004
    maybe not the best...but for sure the thrashiest :D

KILL EM ALL-MetallicA(Not the nowadays Nutallica...:rolleyes: )

16. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    My Top 10

The Mars Volta - Deloused
    Metallica - Master of Puppets
    Led Zeppelin - 4
    Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    Pink Floyd - Animals
    Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
    Beatles - Abbey Road
    Beatles - White Album
    Morphine - Like Swimming
    Rasputina - Frustration Plantation

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Pink Floyd's Animals is up there.

18. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    +1