Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best amp/cab setup for 1000-1500cad

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Mar 7, 2005.

1. What in your oppinion is the best way to go. I live in eastern canada. I play ska, rock, punk, hardcore, jazz, and blues. I like to have articulate tone but not harsh high mids. Looking to go solid state, in the 300-500w range. I currently have a peavey mark VIII XP and 610 cab, but I'm not much of a fan of the head and I would like maybe something more transportable. I like the tone of the Yorkville BM400H but dislike the matching cabs. I am thinking of going with a Genz Benz GBE400 head and maybe a XB2 210 and 115, or even a live series 210 and 115. If I go for the all GB rig, what would be my best bang for my buck? Or if there's something else that you would reccomend, what would it be, I know I post all the time in this forum and probaly annoy you all, but I like hearing all your oppinions always!

2. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
  3. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    www.clubbass.ca has an iAmp 350 head, used, for CAD600. Find a cab with the money left over. Head comes with gigbag.

4. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    A Yorkville XS800H along with a XC808 Cabinet is your best bet, and it's all made in Canada too with a great warranty !

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I was about to sugguest that you go with EA...

From the range of music that you play, and your tonal desires, you couldn't go wrong with an iAMP head and some EA cabs (Wizzy or NL-210 seem well suited to you).