Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best amp for 200-300$

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Roundabout, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Roundabout

Roundabout

Jul 14, 2005
    The title says it all. Im a student , and what goes hand and hand with being a student , is being broke. this is honestly all i can scrape together, im really desperate for an amp, i mean im using my brothers old crate guitar amp lol.

I was think the swr la12 , it looked really nice for the price, or gk backline? but ive never really played gk.. I also just noticed the roland cube 30, with all the modeling and effects , do you think that would be a decent deal?

The sound i want , if it would help, its kinda a geedy lee, or chris squire kinda sound , really agressive you know? but i wanna have a little bit of versitility so i could mellow it out a bit as well

any suggestions would be much appreciated thanks in advance

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Someone was selling an SWR Workingmans 112 combo last month here in the Classifieds. He wanted $225, plus shipping. It is much nicer than the LA series from SWR.

Ampeg also makes a nice little 112 combo that would fit that price range if you can find a used one. It is called the BA-112.

There is a guy in the Seattle craigslist selling a Kustom bass combo with a 12" in it. He wants $75 for it. I could pick it up and ship it for you.

-Mike

3. Roundabout

Roundabout

Jul 14, 2005
    what about the crate bt50, ive read nothing but good things aobut it , on harmony central ,and on this site as well, in the rewiews section. It seems good for the price ,and the distorition is a nice little add on , and it right in my price zone , what do you guys think?