1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

best amp for +/- a grand for svt 610hlf?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jwaugh, Mar 25, 2006.

1. jwaugh

jwaugh

Feb 26, 2006
    West Virginia
    recommendations for the best amp to drive ampeg svt 610hlf cab? I've upgraded my cab .. now need MORE POWER (go figure :) .

currently have the B2RE but it just seems a *bit* undergunned ... cab is rated 600rms, 1200 program handling (does anyone know what that means??). I don't plan to add on to this setup, so looking for something that pushes at least 750 amps at 4 ohms.

thanks in advance for all your help!!

2. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Sort of asking whats your favorite color.
    As far as the "program handling" ,think of it as peak handling.
    Such as a single hard pop on the bass.That would creat a power spike to the cab.The cab says it can handle a 1200 watt spike.
    A good head for a grand.Go with a SVT CL or an original if you don't mind the weight.Even the SVT II is a good choice but weigh a ton.I'm a Ampeg guy so I'd say Ampeg but thats my favorite color.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I have been using an Ampeg SVT4 Pro with a 410HLF for years, and have tried it with a 610 on several occasions. Mono-bridged, it will have all the power you will ever need.

4. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    +1. Even in stereo, the 4-PRO should make your 6X10HLF stand on its ear.

Skel