1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Amp for Genz Benz NeoX 212T?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 69LesPaulBass, Mar 19, 2010.

1. 69LesPaulBass

69LesPaulBass

Mar 11, 2010
    Toronto
    Long time lurker, first time poster!

So I just picked up a Shuttle 6.0 and a NeoX 212T and I'm loving the tone. I know a few people here have the same rig and feel the same way.

However, I was wondering if anyone has run a Shuttle 9.0 or another (more powerful) GB amp with the 212T and if it's worth the upgrade.

In other words- what's the best amp for the NeoX 212T?

Cheers!
    :bassist:

2. The 9.0 will just give ya some more juice.

I've used my NeoX 212 with a good dozen different heads and it loved them all. I think it's a question of what type of head you like vs. what will work best w/ the cabinet. My personal favorites were a Mesa M6 or a Fender Bassman 300 Pro in that cabinet but those also happen to be my two favorite heads in general.

3. klokker

klokker

Jan 7, 2009
    Steele City, NE
    I have the same set up as yourself. The 9.0 will work fine, if you need more power. It also has a little more bottom end to it.

I sure don't need it though. The 6.0 gives me all I need and more.

4. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I can tell you that the NeoX 212T works swimmingly with an Ampeg SVT-VR! I'm old school and have the tweeter turned off.

MMParty009.jpg

5. 69LesPaulBass

69LesPaulBass

Mar 11, 2010
    Toronto
    That's a beauty!

The thing is that the 212T cab is rated at 600W RMS.. and the Shuttle 6.0 puts out 600W @ 4ohms - can the cab handle any more (ie. the Shuttle 9.0 puts out 900W..)?

How hard can we push this guy?!

6. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    I use the markbass heads, the F1 and the TA501. The F1 has a little more " in your face " type of tone, but I like the compressor on the TA501. Both are great at 4 ohms, which, imho, is the key to the Markbass 500 watt amps- they seem to come alive at 4 ohms. But the GB Neox 212T is such a great sounding cab anyway. The last few years I've been on a cab trying spree, for finding a one cab solution, and the Neox 212T by far has been the clearest, most articulate sounding cab for me.

7. Lex P.

Lex P. You've got it awful loud -Kathy P. Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2003
    MSP
    I'm looking to pair my Aguilar DB751 with a Genz Benz Neox 212T. I love the head and the reviews of the 212T along with its foot print and weight could really be a winner for me.
    Lex

8. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    My GBE 1200 and Mesa Fathom (M6) are both killer through the NEOX. Love that cabinet!

9. I ran this for a while (well it was a 750 not a 751) and it was my favorite pairing for that head.

10. Lex P.

Lex P. You've got it awful loud -Kathy P. Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2003
    MSP
    That is just what I wanted to hear:hyper: Now I just have to be patient and find one in the classifieds.

11. Evolver

Evolver

Feb 13, 2007
    North Central PA
    I'm running two NeoX212T 's with a GBE750 (on smaller gigs maybe just one cab...). Double the fun!

12. adamov

adamov

Jan 29, 2009
    I run my GBE 1200, Shuttle 6.0, and occasionally my discontinued GBE 500 H through one of my Neox 212s. It's all good.

13. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I would not buy a 9.0 for a Neox212t. The 6.0 is enough to blow it up for sure.

The reason is, the 9.0 can run exactly one Neox 212T, same as the 6, and they can drive it to its potential.

14. 69LesPaulBass

69LesPaulBass

Mar 11, 2010
    Toronto
    Interesting..just doing some more research on this topic and came upon a post from agedhorse in the Shuttle 9.0 Discussion thread:

15. GK MB2-500 with a NeoX212t is awesome!
    IMO thicker and deeper than the Shuttle 6.0

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020