1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best amp head for a Barefaced Compact

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SamWebsterbell, May 3, 2010.

1. Decided to go with the barefaced compact, it is 8 ohms but the power and size of the amp is just right for me. Was planning on a 2x12 or a 2x15 but i can't afford one of those and a new amp head.

Ok i need to decide on which amp head to get. Its really annoying that this cab is 8 ohms but I will deal with it. I have around £300 ($460) to spend on this amp head.

These are my ideas so far:
    Ashdown ABM 500 (second hand for £270)
    Hartke HA3500 (£300)

So could you suggest some could amp heads for this cab and also the wattage they will generate through an 8 ohms cab. This is important.

2. Or do you think i should look at another cab altogether?

3. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    if you want an amp, i would go with the ashdown. very versatile amps.

4. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Probably want to give some indication of the sort of sound you are after. These go pretty loud with a 100w valve amp. the 8 ohm is really not a problem, "wattage" is overrated.