1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best amp head quest

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by copieter, Aug 26, 2012.

1. copieter

copieter

Aug 26, 2012
    I'm looking to buy a new head for my bass but I don't know which one is a good amp. Does someone know good heads? between 300 and 800 euros?

2. in the price range you specified you have probably 50-60 choices at least. Look at Ampeg, GenzBenz, GK, & Eden to start. Decide what bassists tone you like also to narrow down your choices. And search here as there are probably 100,000 threads on this topic.

3. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Everybody, including me, is going to ask you to define "good."

Reliability

Tone

Flexibility

Appearance

Serviceability, short and long term

Warranty length

Transportability

Parts availability over the long haul

And about 2 dozen other attributes, lol........

4. majortoby

majortoby

Jul 2, 2009
    Tampa, Fl USA
    Bugera!

qB7b6.

5. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    "...and the cruze of popcorn did not fail."

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Play whatever's available to you, buy the one that sounds best and is within your budget. That one will be "best". The cab you choose is even more important, unless you're shopping combo amps.

7. copieter

copieter

Aug 26, 2012
    I play hardcore and metalcore with my bass so I look for a good head and i'm thinking of an peavy cap

8. +1 to Rick

What is available locally to you? Anything on the used market? That would extend your budget a bit. Peavey gear gets a bad rap some times, but IMHO they have made some gems.