Best Amp (rush tone) 1500$

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sk8terguy316, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Well I'm playing in a band with 2 guitarists both sporting Halfstacks One guitarist has a Les Paul the other a Jackson Dinky with Active EMG's. My Drummer is quite loud, and we play a mix of Megadeath like meatal,and classic rock (rush,ZEPPELIN ETC) and well I like Geddy Lee;s tone on Fly by night, limelight, and everything else and I was wondering the best LOUD AS POSSIBLE amp/cab setup for 1500$

srry for ling post all help appreciated

edit Quadzilla i know what u mean get a rick but I'm in aband and I NEED an amp because all i have is a little combo but thanks anyway
  2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Start by getting a Rick 4001 bass guitar and then go for the amps (not sure what heads/cabs he was using then). I believe that is the bass that Geddy played on the first few albums and then he started also using a Fender Jazz (in addition to the Rick). Most of his tone on the first few albums comes from the Ric bass (not so much the amps). It's a pretty unique tone....
  3. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    sansamp rbi plus the poweramp and cab of your choice.

A 4003 will defenetly help.
  4. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Geddy sounds like Geddy on any bass, and on any amp. His sound is derived from his unique technique.
  5. jamesblue

jamesblue Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Central Maryland
    Used SVT, Fender 300t or MESA 400+ with a 2x15, 4x10 or 2x12. You'll need good mid range tone with, i.e. stings and bass combo, a Jazz bass with just about any DR strings (fat beams/high beams). You'll need Geddys fingers, hard to come buy, but pratice pratice pratice. I don't try and copy him, I just get my tone and fire away the best I can.
    This is my opinion and will not be held liable for any missrepresentations!
    Dave, rock on.. :bassist: