1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best amp to match Eden D410XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NSHB82, Jun 2, 2014.

1. This is kind of a repeat question, but I've narrowed my choices down to a few.

I have an Eden 410XLT, 8ohm version. I play rock and metal primarily. I'm on a budget, so getting a second cab is not an option anytime soon, so I need to find a good match, both in terms of power and tone. Obviously some amps sound better with some cabs. Just looking for opinions, I know there is no such thing as "The Best".

Top Choices:

-Hartke LH1000 -Bridged 750watts into 8ohms (Will add a Darkglass B7k or a Sansamp RPM later for OD and further versatility)

-GK 1001RB-II (Hear great things, but wattage into 8ohms is much less than Hartke. Also more $$. Can't afford the 2001RB. Will add a B7k later)

-Sansamp RPM into a power amp (best power for the buck, versatility from the Sansamp... but at not much more money, the Hartke would give me similar power, and also it's own tube preamp to play with in addition to the RPM or B7k)

-Wait a few weeks for the new Peavey Headliner 1000 (great power and EQ options, light, rack mountable. I can get an RPM now, and I have access to a crappy old power amp to make do for the 6-7 weeks until it's out, and then pair the RPM with the Headliner)

I'm leaning towards the LH1000 mostly right now, because that much power and tone at $500 new is rather tough to beat. But, it's also large and heavy, so I'm tempted to wait for the new Peavey Headliner. Either one will have an additional preamp in the form of a B7k or Sansamp RPM to add OD and other tonal options.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Nate

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Eden WT-550.

3. While getting an Eden head would be awesome, there is the factor of "budget" that still remains. $900 for a head that would give me 300 watts into 8 ohms isn't ideal for me. :greedy:

I'd love a WT800, but again... $$$$$$
    I need best bang for my back in this case...

4. The new Peavey Mini Mega would be sweet too, but that's even further away than the Headliner.

5. DreamError

DreamError

May 30, 2014
    TX
    If weight is a concern and you like how the Headliner series sounds, I'd hold out for that.

Or buy a used head and then sell it when the Headliner 1000 comes out. You probably won't lose much, if any, money that way.

6. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    Eden WT 800 or a WT 550.

7. Honestly, weight is by far the least of my concerns. I'm a big strong guy, so a 30lb addition to my rack isn't THAT big of a concern. Still, that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer less weight, and a smaller, much lighter head with comparable power is coming out in a few weeks. The only problem is that I really need an amp sooner than that. I think I may have a line on a free old crappy power amp that I could pair with a B7k or a Sansamp RPM, so I may be able to hold out till the Headliner is released. On the other hand, the Hartke seems to be very favorably reviewed, and as the new Headliner isn't out yet, I can't read opinions on it, so I can't tell if it would be worth the waiting.

Decisions decisions.

8. Had I the cheddar, I would agree. Unfortunately, those are both out of my budget at this time. Maybe down the road, but for now, I need as much bang for less buck that I can get.

9. Anyone else? Bueller? :D

10. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

I may be putting up my WT-800A and or my WT-500 up for sale (just scored a WT-800C) but I'm not sure if that helps you as I am in Toronto, Canada which creates some shipping work. Either one would do your D410xlt/8 just fine.

11. PM sent!

12. Eden E300

13. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    For rock and metal, I like the RPM/Power Amp route. Maybe nab a Crest Prolite or Peavey IPR power amp. Dont know if you're an Ampeg fan, but I'd bet a PF800 would work nicely with that cab. The 410XLT is a great cab! It's also a LOUD cab in that it projects a lot of sound out front. I played Eden XLT cabs for many years. Needed to go lighter in my old age though!:D

14. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    Eden E300 or a used wt-550!

15. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Used WT-550.

16. Thanks for the input!
    I'm still very tempted by the RPM/Power Amp route. But the Hartke LH1000 offers great power, as well as it's own preamp for not that much more than a decent Crest or QSC power amp, so I'm thinking that might be a good idea for even more flexibility. Unless I can find one for dirt cheap on eBay... We shall see.

17. cromag31

cromag31 Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2014
    orange county New York
    i have an eden wt-405 head for sale!! cheap too...

18. I use an Eden D-410XST and was using a WT-400 to power it. The amp burnt up and wasn't worth repairing. It was replaced with a Hartke HA-5500. Great amp! It has a lot of power & headroom, and a wealth of tone shaping controls.

19. That's good to hear that Hartke amps can sound good through an Eden! I'm still considering an LH1000, as it's seemingly one of the biggest values in high power bass heads out there. The only way I can afford an Eden head is if it's a much older model; which isn't a bad thing by any means, and is definitely an option.

20. rlsuarezv

rlsuarezv

May 2, 2013
    Chile
    I used to have an Eden D410XLT , paired to an Eden WT300B. A match made in heaven. Even better than the WT800C that replaced them.