1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best amp you've played through

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Loves2Jam, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Loves2Jam

Loves2Jam

Nov 17, 2008
    Yo so I was chillin at the local GC with my bros and checkin out basses. Little did I know I would find the perfect amp for my playing style. Behold the Behringer BX1800. Some people hate on this amp but its awsome. The tone is incredible. I'm a hardcore slap bassist and the twangy tone fits me perfectly. People heard me playing and came in the room to give me props. Listen I've played through the best and this thing is seriously underated.

Check this thig out-

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BX1800.aspx

2. Kraken

Kraken

Jun 19, 2001
    Aylesbury, England
    I'm sure the BX1800 is great, but the best rig I have ever played through would be An Ampeg SVT 4 Pro, into and Ampeg 8x10. you just can't beat it. (except maybe on the weight) tried MarkBass, tried Trace Elliot, tried Ashdown, tried Hartke, tried Gallien Kruger (sp?), tried Fender, tried Marshall, tried Aguilar, but for me the Ampeg is it.

WARNING, your opinions may vary. :)

3. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    Hartke HA3500 through the VX810. It is the best I have played through so I own it today.

4. metdistortion

metdistortion

Aug 13, 2008
    England
    This seems like a Behringer marketing attempt...

5. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    +1!!!!

I've only got to play through an 8x10 at GC. The sound is just amazing. I used a 4-Pro because it was closest they had to a 2-pro (which is what I have). I can only imagine that the 2-pro would sound that much better through the 'fridge.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I've played alot of great amps. Whatever makes you happy.

7. Best amp and cab for me personally so far, my G-K Fusion 550 in to a G-K NEO 412.

8. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Yo, can't say i've ever chilled at GC with my bro's. Can't say I've really desired to either though...

Now I feel like i'm missing out on some kind of bonding experience...

9. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    No GCs here :p. Best amp I ever played through was a GK combo, don't exactly remember what it was, I think a 1x15.

10. I have to go with my Fender Studio Bass.

And any of the Genz-Benz amps.

11. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Walked in to a Vintage shop to look at a Ric and they had an Ampeg B-15N.
    Warmed it up and plugged in the Ric with flats and I found sonic Nirvana.

$1200 for 50 or so watts sobered me up quickly though.
    The amp was purchased by Tom Petty's bassist when they rolled through town.

12. Is this a joke topic....? I thought it was but everyone is responding as if it weren't... hmmm

13. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Proves the tone hierarchy:

Fingers
    Strings
    Bass
    Amp

:)

14. What the place had no heating???

Paul

15. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I'm not a smoker, but is this similar to the bonding smokers have when they go outside for a smoke?

16. Ampeg SVT-VR with my Ric without question

17. tsunami1052

tsunami1052 What the Funk?

Sep 13, 2005
    Wyoming
    Top Five:
    EBS HD350.
    Mesa Boogie Scout.
    Genz Benz Shutle 6.0.
    Phil Jones m300
    Eden WT-330

18. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    GBE1200 into Ampeg 8x10

-or-

Mesa 400+ through GK 410SBX and 115SBX

so far. but i've yet to sample "everything" so i can't say i've played the best. yet. ;)

19. ampeg svtcl with an ampeg svt810e. sounds awesome lol thats why i own it.

and i thought behringer kinda steals everyones design and product lol i swear behringer makes a "cheaper" version of everyone elses products which leads me to believe there not all that great. ive had a few components from them and honestly i would never buy anything from them again.

20. just got my new 66 ampeg b-15n working today (broken fuse holder, first time ive ever heard it) and HOLY SHAT! it is the best amp ive ever played. i only paid a grand, but mine is 30 watts. worth it imo.