best band logo ever.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PeaveyTNT, Nov 17, 2002.

1. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002

if you disagree, please post a image logo to prove back up your arguement.
  2. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    my bands so far

'deifiler', needs mucho work though:
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    AHHHH Crapped the pants AGAIN. :p
  4. Man, I can think of several band logos that put those to shame graphically. For instance:

Santana - the original logo used on Abraxas pretty much had all of the elements of good design. Memorable, timeless, and still in use today.

Allman Bros. - the interwoven logo from "Decade of Hits 1969-1979" is decidedly tasty. Complex but still readable and without any illustrative elements.

Yes - the "fat balloon" lettering of the original Stanley Mouse covers is a classic. Even if the lettering is used to spell something else, you still think "Yes".

Grateful Dead - The "Haight Ashbury" look never was conveyed so well as the Dead's versions on their covers. Add to it the skull or skeleton motifs and you've got instant recognition.

There are others but that's a good start. IMO you don't find the kind of design put into band logos nowadays like you did way back when because, frankly, art isn't used in the same way it was. With a vinyl record, you had about 2 square feet of graphic space to use on the cover. And that cover meant a lot to name recognition, sales and the end user who would spend hours pouring over the art on the cover while listening to the music. The cover art and the music were inseperable. Today you've got about 1/10 of the space and it just doesn't have the impact the larger vinyl albums did.

Because these logos are such good designs, I don't have to post them to prove my point. Everybody remembers them! Ultimately, that's a good standard of measurement for graphic design.
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Some constructive criticism: If you hadn't told me that it was going to say "deifiler", I wouldn't have even realized there were letters in the picture. It is nigh-unreadable.
  6. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    :rolleyes: :eek: YOU STOLE MERLINS BAND NAME!

I second the yes logo. Cant help but think yes when you see that typeface.
  7. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Best ever? Here you go...

Oops! I almost forgot this one...
  8. Err yeah..... now what shall we do about this? There is a whole Dephiler thread in OT where the people here designed/further improved my bands logo.

We cant change our name... already have an album out and are beginning our second. We've been established for 3 years. Sure its different spelling but still the same pronunciation... Plus you can read our logo heehee.

9. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    That is a definite plus...
  10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    this one is pretty kewl
  11. I second that! I might wind up getting a tatoo of that someday. Even though I really shouldn't get a tatoo of a band logo, which I might stop liking at any time (though I can't see that happening). Oh well, I'll probably be messed up at the time anyway:p
  12. I always liked my old band's logo. But the singer and drummer were pedophiles.

13. ahh you idiot. :p But its ok... i am carrying on the Dephiled tradition....

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm trying to get my new band to go with this. We all have gray hair (except the girl).

15. Hey did you guys forget about the classic Iron Madin art? I don't like the band too much but wow those covers were great!!!
  16. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London

erk, i never knew that. Weve had this name a while now. What genre are you, were thrash/death metal.

oh yeah, its a working logo is ours, never really enhance dit though. ill pester the guitarist to do something on it :p

ps ours is pronounced

'dayf-eye-lah', hence the I in it.