Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Band Player???

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    My vote's for Jeff Ament...

i was always a guitar player but loved the way he kept things groovy and never plodding even tho it was rock.

[​IMG]

by the way, anyone know what kind of bass, this is?

of course, everyone's gonna say Stuart Zender, but i thought i'd throw in a curve ball.

2. Jeff is not the best, is your favorite bass player.
    There is not such thing like, best Band player, best bass player in the world.

3. I personnally think Tom Hamilton of Aerosmith is the best band player. He has 1)amazing tone, 2)the ability, which most bassist don't have, to play counter melodies while not losing his purpose to support Joe and Brad, which he does so well, and 3)he distinguishes Aerosmith's sound from all the other bands out there. Another worthy condidate is John Entwistle of The Who. He is not only the best solo bassist i've ever heard, but he really knows how to support Pete Townsend but at the same time follow his every move, he's his own player, yet he's still supportive of his lead guitarist.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    dood, you need to chill,

i just wanna see who everyone thinks is a great band/ensemble player. maybe, i can find out about a new bassist i should listen to and learn from.

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    this type of thread usually ends up with needless bickering. and i can see a bit of tension already startin, so im shuttin it down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.