Best Bands no one seems to know

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BigWig Will, May 3, 2002.

1. Rudiments
    Sgt. Scagnetti

WOOHOO! Anyone else?
  2. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001

Big Milk

3. Well, I think I should chime in here, seeing as how we already agree on the Pilfers issue. I really haven't gotten involved with any of the other bands on that list, but, I'll find some of their music, and if they rock, the word will be spread just a little bit more.

It is a shame that the Pilfers are defunct, huh? I wish I oculd get my grubby paws on their self-titled album...but it isn't happening for some reason.

4. Oh, and another is a list of bands that no one I know (which is rather limited, because I'm a hermit) has listened to, or I don't think get the recognition they deserve...

Rx Bandits

Good Riddance

The Hippos

Big D and The Kids Table

I'm sure there are tons more, but, I'd have to actually put thought into it, and that goes against the grain of laziness that runs through me.

5. lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
  6. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    The GC5!

They are a fantastic punk band. One of my favorites. Check em out.
  7. I think Anathema is good. They got kind of weird music, and they're not really known, but I like them, and that's all that matters :p
  8. Lake Trout

Neil Zaza (guitar player -- has a live double CD will Bill Dickens on it)
  9. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Neil Zaza! That's a name out of the past. I met him at a (Hamer?) guitar clinic he did ten years ago at a music store. He was just amazing...blew me away. I'm really glad to know he didn't just fade into obscurity like so many other young guitar prodigies. He was a genuinely nice guy, too. Humble. Not one of those arrogant musicians who thinks they are God's gift to the music scene.
  10. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    The Fierce Nipples
    Babe the Blue Ox
    Phillip the Meatbox
  11. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    Yes yes yes !!!!! They are so good !
    Shame they broke up though :(
  12. Very few people know of Mike Patton's side projects such as Tomahawk, Mr. Bungle, and Fantomas. Fishbone has released several albums lately and none of them have had a lot of commercial success.
  13. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Well no one here knows about them but I say Grade, Taking Back Sunday, Joshua, Superstitions of the Sky, Neil Perry, Joshua Fit For Battle, Penfold, Pg.99, Circle of Dead Children, and Thursday... wait a sec... these are all my favorite bands! Well those and 311 and Saves the Day.
  14. lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    i know! i wish they hadnt :( Finally someone who knows of them and likes them!!! :D
  15. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    From what I understand they play them on MTV2 a lot, I saw on MTVX a few times...

...but thats off the air now. :mad:
  16. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    craigs brother, inspection 12..... inspection 12 is great.... punk rock music with an orchestra once n a while.... =D its not like hard core punk its ... melodic poppy punk
  17. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Well just about every punk/ska/hardcore band should be recognized more because majority of them get NO airplay.
  18. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    28 Orange Street
    Flogging Molly
    Guano Apes
    Vision of Disorder
    DEP (only musicians seem to know them...)
  19. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Dark Tranquillity
    At the Gates
    Pain of Salvation
    Arch Enemy
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow
    Dimension Zero
    In Flames (mainly Whoracle and The Jester Race)

God bless the Scandanavians (mainly the Swedes)! :D

Lots of people already know about these, especially metalheads in Europe. But still, they aren't all that well known, especially not in the US.

If you're into metal and haven't heard of these bands, check em out. Some are progressive, eg. Opeth and Pain of Salvation, so they may take a few listens to get into. But if you like fast, thrashy metal, DEFINITELY give At the Gates (especially the Slaughter of the Soul album) and Soilwork a listen!!!