1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Bang for the Buck Bass Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by q1014, Feb 17, 2008.

1. q1014

q1014

Aug 17, 2007
    i was wondering on ur guys' opinions on good cheap bass cabs im getting a head soon and i want to know what kind of cabinets are good for the money

2. In my experience, you get what you pay for...but to answer your question, I would have to recommend Peavey. Maybe GK? Or GK backline stuff?

3. It has been said a thousand times: avatar

4. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

I love em!!! I picked up a 4x10 neo in black tolexfor $400.

They handle gobs of power and they are available in 4 or 8 ohms, carpeted, line-xed or in many different colors of tolex (line-x or tolex extra $40).

I'm not sure what Dave charges for shipping since I live about 25 miles away from the shop

5. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I need to get an avatar cab.

6. CapeBass

CapeBass Guest

I was reading the reviews for the Behringer Ultrabass BB410, it was all positive. Four Bugera 10" speakers handle 1200 watts. Inexpensive as well.

7. Earlier I asked the people here about a Carvin BR115 Cab (15" + tweet / 600W) for $300, and everybody that answered said good things about it.

8. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    Watt do you mean by cheap?? money wise, or quality? or both, or do you just want something to get you through and to have as a back up?

you cant get any cheaper than BEHRINGER,

www.behringer.com

9. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX

10. Check out Warwick's cabinets.

Good price, great tone.

:)

11. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Avatar is without a doubt the best bang for the buck. Nobody on this forum will dispute that.

Behringer is definitely less buck, but also less bang.

12. q1014

q1014

Aug 17, 2007
    bassman i was talking about easy on the wallet but still good quality cab

13. DR bass is a close competitor to Avatar i think. a tad bit more, but maybe a bit more quality and tone? I have no experience with either, just going by what I read on here. You'd be happy with either probably.

14. I have been doing a lot of research with the same questions and if you shop around you can find some decent eden and bergantino stuff, but you better get on it fast 'cause everyone else is looking at it too!

I decided to go with Avatar. I have the 2x12 and 2x10 on the way should be here by the end of the week and I have a used dr bass 1x15 on layaway. I will post my experience when they get here.

Hey Warwick, how things in spokompton? I grew up there and in Colville. My brother has a band there called Blyndspot, check them out if you have the chance.

CB

15. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC

16. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    another vote for avatar!

17. SWR Goliath 4 x 10

Hartke 410 BXL

Both are yesterday's news, yet mysteriously.... they still sound as good as they did when they were "hip".

18. Whatever it is, if you buy used you will get more bang for the buck.

19. +1 on the Avatars :bassist:

20. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707