Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Bang For Your Buck Pbass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass_drum, Apr 21, 2005.

1. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Ok, so most of us agree that the geddy jbass is one of the best bang for your buck j basses, since its got good looks, good neck and a good bridge, all for a very nice price. But is there a pbass that has the same kind of idea (having a lot of high quality stuff and yet still not costing a whole lot) ?

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The Mike Dirnt P-bass would seem to fill that bill. At a slightly higher price, you could look at the Skyline Glaub and Duck Dunn models.

3. +1 Skyline Glaub

# 2 Used MIA, and upgrade the pickups. (Beware of dead spots on G-String frets 5-8)

4. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    Seconded on the MIA American Standard P basses. I have a 97 and it is excellent. Try them in person if you can, but I think that you will do OK with them. I know this: they aren't going to be selling for $550 for a whole lot longer.

5. Czar

Czar

May 6, 2003
    New Jersey
    G&L sb-1..not made any more but a great bargain ong the used market

6. IMO the Skyline Glaub is the very best bang for your buck P-Bass.

7. perowave7

perowave7

Nov 17, 2004
    Hmm I'm think that if money was a major issue trying out the Highway 1 P-bass, some swear they're better than their more expensive older brothers.