1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best bass amp and cabinet combinations with Bartolinis

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by shraderbass, Jul 2, 2020.

1. shraderbass

shraderbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Sylvania, Alabama
    I have two Warrior basses I play and use the same GK 700rb head. I use a SWR 4x10 with one and a Ampeg 6x10 with the other. I'm not totally satisfied with my tones I'm getting with either bass. Both cabs have tweeters but I generally turn them down unless playing outside. I know a lot of good basses use the Bart's so I guess my question is more about my choice of 10 inch speakers. If I were to go with 12's or 15's, would it change a lot. I use Ernie Ball slinky light gauge either .40-.125 or .45-.130 strings. Any suggestions? I would describe my current tones as a little too modern and less vintage sounding.

2. shraderbass

Jun 9, 2014
    Sylvania, Alabama
    Screenshot_20200702-131232.png Screenshot_20200702-131217.png I'll post pictures of my basses as soon as I can figure out how lol

3. shraderbass

Jun 9, 2014
    Sylvania, Alabama
    I think I figured out how to post pics. As you can see,the two basses are very different

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021