best bass amp for under 50

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 2muchbass4u, Jul 19, 2002.

1. 2muchbass4u

Jul 17, 2002
    a house
    got any idea what it is? im low budget.
  2. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    You wont find a bass amp for under 50 bucks unless its broken or something...
  3. uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
  4. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    you could probably find a headphone amp for around $20.
  5. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    It's hard to keep it within $50, but if you can go up a bit, the Ibanez Soundwave bass amps are good.
  6. 2muchbass4u

Jul 17, 2002
    a house
    i found a dean M16 for 50, anyone know if dean has good amps?
  7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    I don't know about the Dean practice amps but I've heard that the Ibanez practice amps are crap. I recommend Peavey. Sometimes you can find a used Peavey Microbass for $50 used on Ebay before shipping, I recommend spending another $40 or so for a used Peavey Minx 110. The Microbass is pretty much just for solo practicing but the Minx could be used for low volume jams.
    Don't expect to be able to practice with a rock band using either one, you'd need to spend a lot more to do that.
  8. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i am afraid that for that small price it will impossible for you to find something good working. may you need a blessing from this man:

His Holiness
    Pope John Paul II
  9. 2muchbass4u

Jul 17, 2002
    a house
    i have about 4 friends who play bass and THEY might have a practice amp that i could barrow, or keep, if THEY dont mind, one has a big 3X3 cabinet(is that what its called?)
  10. 12 years really need to read a book, haha jk
  11. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    You might wanna look into a Harkte B15 Im not sure how much it costs but its gotta be close to your budget.
  12. 3x3!! that doesnt make sense at all... when talking about cabs in that way the first number means how many of a speaker and the second number is the size of that speaker: 4x10 = Four Ten Inch Speakers in the cab; 1x15 = One Fifteen Inch Speaker and so on. I think you would have a difficult time getting a lot of bass response out of 3" speakers...:D
  13. lateralus

lateralus Guest

Jul 21, 2002
    what about the rouge amp 20 watts and its 39 bux on musicians friend
  14. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    The Rogue bass amps are pretty bad.
  15. Trust me, unless somebody you know decides to do you a big, big favor you won't get anything worth carrying home for $50. Save your money until you get a couple of hundred, then check back. For a couple of hundred you can find something decent but for $50 you'll just be throwing your money away.
  16. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    If you want to use it for bedroom practice only you can get almost anything that will put out some sound.
    I've used a 1957 tube radio (1.6 Watts) via the record player-input...

If you need it for bandpractice you will have to spend much more - as others already said...