1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

best bass bridge thats economic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DeepDeath, Nov 20, 2001.

1. what's the best bass bridge thats not as much as a 2tek like hipshot or what? for 5-stringers

2. I have been looking at this.

Ebay item

Otherwise I like the Carvin bridge as well.

Carvin Bridge

What type of sound are you looking for. Neither of these will get you a "vintage" sound.

3. I would endorse the individual saddle system as one good way to go. I am contemplating getting some of these for my projects. I've dealt with the seller on ebay and they are top notch.

The other way I would go is with a Schaller roller bridge. Search ebay for a great price on these in 5 configuration. I've bought several from the usual seller there and have been very happy. They are sleek, low profile, and have more adjustment options than the Hipshot/Carvin.

4. Hambone -- Do you know how they ground the seperate saddle bridges?

5. Ibanez Monorail II :D

( as shown on the BTB :D )

6. Player

Player

Dec 27, 1999
    USA Cincinnati, OH
    I have an ABM roller 5 bridge that I might want to part with. If I recall, it's adjustable between 2 11/16 & 2 15/16 string spacing and a 7/16 minimum string height, but I'm not certain. If your interested I'll double check.