Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BEST BASS CABINETS FOR THE BIG BLOCK 750

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KEYSCO, Jan 10, 2005.

1. KEYSCO

KEYSCO

Jan 10, 2005
    I NEED SOME HELP PLEASE. ANYONE KNOWS ANY COMBINATION OF CABS FOR A MESA BOOGIE BIG BLOCK 750??? WHICH ONE WOULD BE GOOD??? MY SETTING RIGHT NOW IS WITH ONE SWR GOLIATH III AND FOR MY TASTE IS A LITTLE BIT SPARKLY. WHICH ONE CAN I CHOOSE???

THANX AND SORRY FOR MY ****TY ENGLISH!

2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Try the Schroeders!!! They are seemingly the best on the new horizion. They have a corrected high end to the SWR and the Eden.

3. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    mesa roadready 2x15 !

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    One or two Schroeder 1210 would work great (depending on how much volume you want -- two would get 'plaster-cracking' loud) -- very smooth musical, treble, powerful, solid low end, very punchy mid-bass, & great cut-through mids.

5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    You should choose cabs based upon your band, tone/playing style, and venue type - NOT based totally on what head you are using.

6. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    if you're playing mostly/all rock style music try Eden 210XST's! they are great and efficient! they sound different from SWR's though! they have attenuators on the horn so you can dial it as low as you like!

7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Get a Mesa 4x10 and 1x15 setup... You'd just about OWN on that setup! Or a single 6x10 or 2x15 would be enough for anything. Aggy and Mesa gear seem to get along pretty well, so a pair of 2x12 Aguilars or a 4x10 and 2x12 would do you nicely!

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    The Big Block generally sounds best with larger cabs. For some reason it sounds a little stiffled with smaller cabs. So get yourself a pair of 8x10s and you're all set.