1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best bass case?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eupharies, Jan 10, 2012.

1. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Bassist - Chasing Dragons
    Sorry if its in the wrong place, wasnt sure where to put it!

Basically i need a Soft bass case... i ride to work etc so it needs to be EXTREMELY durable and waterproof.....

Any recommendations??

I had a Ritter soft case but the stitching fell apart... and if this broke whilst i was riding.... it would be CATASTROPHIC!

Are there any HARD SHELL cases with proper straps or something??

Thanks Ant

2. tylerwylie

tylerwylie

Jan 5, 2008
    Dunwoody, GA
    Well, what kind of bass is going into it?

3. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    A Custom Landing Bass, cost me alot!! :D therefore i want literally the best case with straps avaiable :)

4. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    Huh. I don't really know any specifics, but make sure you always check reviews before you buy if you're concerned.

5. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Ideally id like a haard shell moulded case with straps but... dont seem to be any as it then defeats the object of the soft case haha

6. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Supporting Member

What kind of riding?

If we're talking public transit, then the waterproofing only needs to be good enough for short exposures at walking speeds, like standing waiting for a bus, etc.

In that case, I would consider carrying a high end bass in a good water-resistant bag, like a Mono. Maybe.

But if you're talking a motorcycle, where wind and rain are going to be augmented by the slipstream from speeds of 60 or 70mph? No way. Especially if you're talking a long commute. For that, I'd want a hermetically-sealed hard-shell case like a Calton.

7. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Dec 12, 2007
    poppin in the corn belt
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    what Steve said

8. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
  9. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Calton not really ideal, as im sure they are very waterproof and great stitching but not enough padding really... should the bass fall or something...

10. brandau

brandau

Jan 30, 2008
    NYC
    glenn cronkhite custom cases Call Glenn and talk to him about what you need! Hands down the best case I've ever had... I have one of his leather bags and ride my bike with it all the time. Super comfy and protective.

11. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Dec 12, 2007
    poppin in the corn belt
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    Reunion Blues Continental would be a great highly protective bag. Incase also makes incredible gig bags that offer protection similar to a hardcase with out some of the hardcase drawbacks.

12. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
  13. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Another vote for MonoCase M80.

14. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Cool guys thanks, everything is so much better in the USA, in the UK we have nothing haha :)

15. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Supporting Member

Ummmm.... What?

I was talking about Calton custom-molded fiberglass hard cases, used by cellists, touring acoustic guitarists etc. Built like a brick outhouse, deep custom-fit foam, gasketted lid, about $1,000 the last time I checked. Not a lot of stitching on them?

Tugboat likes this.