1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

best bass for 1000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by airrick, Mar 25, 2006.

1. airrick

airrick

Dec 4, 2005
    well i've decided to save up some more and get a bass that costs $1000 (with 6 strings), what is available at this price? I did see an alembic 6er on ebay is this good?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What 6ers have you played so far?

3. airrick

airrick

Dec 4, 2005
    none

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Well thatd be a start.

5. airrick

airrick

Dec 4, 2005
    well, assuming that thats not an option, what would you reccomend?

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  7. JBass1

JBass1

Dec 6, 2005
    NYC
    get the Ibanez SR 506 and save yourself about $400

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If you are content with a lower quality bass, by all means.

9. JBass1

JBass1

Dec 6, 2005
    NYC
    that bass is by no means low quality unless you compare it to basses that are well over $1000

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Low-er. As in , in comparison to a $900 yammy.

11. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Whatever bass you choose, go used. You'll get a lot of bass for $1000 in the used market.

12. JBass1

JBass1

Dec 6, 2005
    NYC
    the ibanez SR 506 is the most comfortable 6er i have ever played..including warwicks, schecters and yamahas...and it also has great versatility witht he Bart pick ups..im telling you you cant go wrong..i bought one and brought it show my teacher and he traded in his $2000 (give or take) 6er and got one of the 506's...no other 6 i've played is more comfortable..this thing plays so smoothely its a steal for the price...if u get it used u can porbably find one for like 4-500

13. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    That is the bass I just bought a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT! Actually, I bought it a couple months ago and it just came in a few weeks ago. It's hard to find one of these in-stock. It's Back-order city, but worth the wait IMO.

Joe

14. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I've heard nothing but praise for Peavey Cirrus basses. You could probably pick one up in excellent shape under $1000. Here is a link with pictures to one of the nicest I've ever seen, mint condition, sold here on TB for right around your budget. Others have sold for under $1k. Don't let the Peavey name fool you. Cirrus basses are an excellent value, and used, they're right in your price range.

15. airrick

airrick

Dec 4, 2005
    i found an sr 506 on ebay for a buy now of 500, should i jump on it?

16. airrick

airrick

Dec 4, 2005
    after some thought, i decided a 5er would be ok too, so have fun giving me suggestions!

17. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    well for a $1000, try a warwick standard corvette.

18. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    You saw an Alembic for $1000 bucks?! Holy crap, I have to get in on this!

ESP/Ltd makes a nice six stringer, for around that price. EMG pickups and flame maple top are a nice touch.

Graeme

19. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    And guess what, I was in a similar predicament to the initial poster of this thread and Vic's beautiful Cirrus is currently on it's way to me courtesy of USPS :smug:. There is no better value bass than a used cirrus, I paid the top end of the price spectrum for mine because it was in mint condition and as mentioned in that thread had the updated preamp and other goodies. Still, despite that, when specced new on the Cirrus custom shop site, the price came out as $2799 :eek:. Talk about a deal! They can be had for as low as about $800 for ones that are more used and have simpler finishes. Still brilliant basses though. I whole-heartedly recommend.

20. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    yamahas and peavys are pretty good