1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best bass for 650 -

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PUNXBASS, Dec 2, 2005.

1. PUNXBASS

PUNXBASS

Apr 23, 2005
    hey yall,
    in the market for a new bass, but barley have any money. not even 650. I play a Fender P/J right now. Lot of ska and punk. i wasinthing a Fretless J bass maybe? Stingray SUB (really cheap ones). Rock bass(more in my range).Maybe a G&L? Any suggestions?! thnaks

2. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    I got my G&L Tribute L-2500 for about $550 brand new and it was money very well spent. In your price range you'll hear about the L-2500 and the Lakland 55-01 a lot. Both very versatile but they are built very different. The L-2500 has closer string spacing at the bridge and a 34" scale length, and the Lakland has a wide spacing with a 35" scale. Of course if you look at used stuff there are a ton of good choices out there. And you'll never hear the end of "you have to check it out to see how it feels and sounds to you "

3. There's a lot of good basses that you could get USED for $650.

4. I have a Fender MIM Jazz Deluxe that costs $580 (new)

5. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    With some haggling you could get a Fender Geddy Lee Jazz for that much.

6. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Snatch the Warwick Corvette 5 that's for sale right now on this site. Ridiculous price for that quality. I don't even need it but am tempted...

7. PUNXBASS

PUNXBASS

Apr 23, 2005
    i would, but i aint got money. this is a long-term thing. right now my P/J MIJ fender does the trick.