best bass gutitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Guybrush, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guybrush

Mar 22, 2002
    which bass is the best? i thiink kensmith is!and i like warwicks infiniti'
  2. Rogue, Hondo, and Squier. In that order.
  3. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Honda Corolla A6.
  4. CS

Dec 11, 1999

This user has just registered, made 3 posts and is bassically saying hello. He is quite young and probably not mothertongue English.

Do I have to say anymore?

Hello and welcome to the board. If you like Ken Smith basses look here user KSB is Ken Smith.

5. Guybrush threepwood ? :D

hahah cool.. i haven't played monkey island in ages :D

b.t.w. the very best bass in existance ( soundwise and playability ) is the Basslab STV VI. but unfortunately it's controversial shape isn't really popular. i like it tho..
  6. istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
  7. Guybrush - folks here are just pullin' your leg!!! The best bass - only one person can answer that for you, and that is you!!! If you're lookignat a couple of basses or more, you could ask about good points and bad points about them to get an idea of living with the basses!!!

There are a lot of people here, with a lot of experience of a lot of different basses. I'm sure that someone will always have an opinion on one of your bass choices, and will be happy to tell you.

Unfortunately - what is the best bass/amp/effect etc is a difficult question for anyone to answer - and usually if you ask that type of question, you'll get silly answers!!!!

Be careful of how you ask questions, if you're looking for something specific eg Warwick, Ken Smith, Fender or whatever try using the Search option. Chances are you'll find some information on what you're looking for.
  8. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    It doesn't exist!
    It's all relative.
    May be there is the best amp,or the best strings,but not the best bass.
  9. Guybrush Threepwood... ah Monkey Island... too bad Escape From Monkey Island sucked so hard...Curse was okay though. The first one's still the best :)

As Johnny Boom Boo pointed out, only one person can tell you what the best bass is, and that answer is different for everybody, otherwise we'd all be playing Wal basses, which are my personal favorite!

10. Guybrush

Mar 22, 2002
    thank you bass is washburn xb it ok for me.i mean i just started playing bass a month ago:D
  11. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, welcome to the wonderful world of bass!:D

Some of us are actually sometimes not so sarcastic, around here.:rolleyes:

Anyway, what you'll find, over the next many years, is that you'll hopefully enjoy playing the bass. Your tastes will grow, change, and take new shapes every so often.

I hope you like playing as much as we do! And, welcome to Talkbass!:D

12. rhythmrod

Oct 27, 2001
    Austin, Texas
    If you are happy playing your Washburn, then as of right now that is the best bass. You will notice that as you grow with your bass playing your taste may change, when that happens you may get another bass. However, do not get caught up in how much a bass may cost, as some do. Just remember that if you play it and it feels good and responds the way you want it too, then it's the best bass, regardless of who made it or how much it cost. OK BYE, BYE, OK BYE !!! Good luck and have fun!!!
  13. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    The best bass in the world is that you will fall in love with... Nothing more to say.

All the best,
  14. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Oh...something I forgot to mention earlier: one thing you'll find is that there are as many opinions on this subject as there are people. If you ask 100 people what the best bass is, you'll get close to 100 different answers;)

That'll explain why you see so many people responding with the tagline, "The best is whatever's best for you." I agree.:D
  15. Epiphone Jack Casady. That's my vote.

Now, it's hard to say what the absolute best is of anything, but, let me put it like this: Andie McDowal = The Jack Casady bass. Maybe Andie isn't the most beautiful woman in the world, but, who out there would not be satisfied with her as their bride? ;)

And now, you must drool. :D

Mike J.
  16. welcome to talkbass, mancomb seepgood.
  17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Welcome to Talkbass.

Word of advice--asking questions like "what is the best bass" will usually get you a wide variety of different answers, and many of them will be sarcastic. In the future, try to avoid these generalized questions, and you will get much better results.

The longer you hang around here, the more you will see what I mean.;)
  18. I like Conklins. I'll wait for JT to back me up on this.
  19. XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Might as well ask "Who is the best girlfriend in the world?"

Anyway Its great to see new bass players and if u have questions these ppl here have some excellent answers. You certainly came to the right place = )

20. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Andie MacDowell is one of the most irritating people I have ever seen. Did you hear about all that stuff she pulled to try to get the Catwoman role in Batman Returns?

I would never marry her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.