Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best bass I ever played

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by brisonic, Mar 19, 2006.

1. brisonic

brisonic Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2006
    san diego
    I own a Warwick Limited and love it. However, the best bass I have ever played was an ASAT at Buffalo Brothers. Other ASATs since then haven't been as sweet as that particular one, it was insanely good.

2. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Was that the butterscotch one they had? It had a wiring error that could be replicated.

The series/parallel was goofed and rather than both pickups going S/P in the same position, one would be series, the other parallel in one position then vice versa.

Kinda cool.

Jim

3. brisonic

brisonic Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2006
    san diego
    Hmm, it was butterscotch, you know who bught this? I just rememeber tapping on top of the neck, and loving the easinesss and sound of it.

4. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Want serious GAS go to GC in San Marcos and try the lined fretless L2K they have there.

Has a dead preamp and they want only $100 less than getting a brand new one but it plays so sweet.

Mooks won't budge on the price even though I told them I can get a spanking new one with a 10 year warranty for what they want and demonstrated the bad pre. Buncha moes!

Jim