Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best bass movie ever!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bdeaux, Feb 21, 2003.

1. bdeaux

bdeaux Bass, the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    What do ya'll think of Mike Gordon's "Rising Low" movie about Allen Woody and bass in general? It gives some great insight to so many players.

2. I don't really know if there ARE any other bass movies....maybe "Standing in the Shadows of Motown"...

3. haven't seen it yet...good?

4. bdeaux

bdeaux Bass, the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    I was stating it is the best bass movie ever because there isn't another one.:) But I did see the Motown movie and it was great. Pino Paladino plays a great solo in the beginning. Tons of cool Jamerson footage. The sndtk is great too. They pulled out the bass track from "Bernadette" and run it solo for about a minute before the song kicks in.

My favorites from the Rising Low film are when Rocco is tracking "What is Hip", Larry Grahams rad effects, Oteil's "Amazing Grace".... dude there's so many. Any bass player needs to see this film. It is a tribute to bass and why we love it!

5. RichBriere

RichBriere Guest

Jan 1, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Without a doubt, "Fishing with Orlando" gets my vote as THE finest TV show about bass fishing that I've ever seen. Why, I just wouldn't miss an episode!! Orlando talks about Largemouth Bass, smallmouth bass, Rock Bass, bait, lures.....you name it. If it swims....and it's a bass......Fishin' with Orlando is something that's not to be missed.

I really like those "sparkly-colored" bass-boats too. I especially like the "Orlando Signature Series". Wow!! It's got a 500 watt, er......I mean ...a 500 "Horse Power" Mercury Tube Motor (crucial when trolling those little lakes and ponds) that's not to be messed with!

Gotta Run, I think I have a nibble!
    :eek:

RB