Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Bass player you've never heard!!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by RedGrange, Sep 10, 2002.

1. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
  2. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    did anyone listen????????

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well if we listened, we would have heard him, and then he wouldn't be the best bass player we've never heard, thus negating your post. You wouldn't want us to do that to you, would you? ;)

4. Chip

Chip

May 2, 2000
    i wouldnt say he is that good
    sure he can play notes, but nothing impressive

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The bass is okay I guess. They remind me of Hum on speed, but without the harmonies and the melodicness. Or is it melodiousness? How about melodicicity?

6. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    Unfortunatly, that recording doesn't do him justice. Live he's a different animal.

He is the best at the style he plays, IMO.

and faster than anyone I've seen.

7. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Sep 13, 2002
    Australia
    i disagree
    although he is s good bassist the best bassist iv'e heard would be Matthew from the punk group RANCID
    one song in particular maxwell murder has an awsome solo
    i highly recommend that u listen to it.
    have fun:D

8. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    John Myung from Dream Theater - his speed is simply mesmerizing.

9. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    John Myung easily whoops all the competition in speed, knowledge, and dexterity. John Myung makes it look easy. And he plays Metal(prog Metal)!

10. chris griffiths

chris griffiths

Aug 20, 2002
    nashville tn
    Endorsing artist: Gallien Krueger
    I think Michael Anthony would by far beat John Myung as far as any kind of speed or playing or technique goes.

:)

11. Chip

Chip

May 2, 2000
    what band is he from?

12. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The guy that Psobecke posted about is in Seratonin. Michael Anthony is the bass player from Van Halen, who I must add has never once displayed (at least on any albums I've heard) speed or technique even remotely close to Myung when he's going to town.

13. none of you have heard of victor lemonte wooten??

14. masaru

masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    I hope chris griffiths was being sarcastic about the Michael Anthony thing, even though "Runnin' With The Devil" is a bit of a stretch for some of us...

15. Check out Keith Horne. He's by far my fave.

16. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Just about everyone on TalkBass knows of Victor Wooten. They were talking about the fastest player of that particular style, which Vic doesn't play. And I think Chris Griffiths was making a joke that I didn't get at first (I didn't see his smiley until just now) about Michael Anthony. At least I hope he was.

:)

17. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Art VanDelay

18. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    That was horrendous.

19. fufu

fufu

Aug 18, 2002
    Les Claypool is also alright.. A little weird in his playing style, but alright.

20. ugh. needs less math, more rock.

that bass player is not particularly good, either. not bad, but didn't make my ears prick up or anything.