Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Bass Solo

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by fart gas, Jun 9, 2001.

1. fart gas

fart gas Not Registered

I've heard some good bass solos, but does anybody know which one is the best one???

2. fart gas

fart gas Not Registered

Alright crap on that stuff that i wrote.Its just that I need to come up with a solo and i was looking around at styles to play.Come on somebody help me, if i screw up this solo i don't think my band will want me to do another one.

3. FG I want to say that your name is bad but yet ever time I release you I smile.

How about filling out you profile, how about giving some more info. Please. I could name a hand full of great rock bass solos, a hand full of great Jazz solos, a hand full of great Funk . . . Blah blah blah.

Do not expect a response to a question that has no information.

4. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    pulling teeth is a sweet solo
    but it also kinda depends on what type of music ya band plays
    cya

5. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    My Vote has to go for Anesthesia-Pulling Teeth, but Im trying to get a couple of rara Jason Newsted solo that are really sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

6. adi_myhr

adi_myhr

Sep 28, 2000
    The best bass-solo I can remember now... is Richard Bona - Bona Fortuna... You can download this file over napster or WINMX... It's a great solo where Richard really shows what he can, and that's something. Richard comes from Kamerun and I saw him live in Stockholm 2000. That was an experience I will never forget... Download the song and you will know what I mean;)

7. KumoriNeko

KumoriNeko Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Anesthesia-Pulling Teeth by Metallica, and Bassically by Black Sabbath are my favorites.

8. John Entwistle's bass riff's from "Can't You See the Real Me." Try it.

9. sanitymw

sanitymw

Mar 28, 2001
    Anesthesia Baby, NEWSTED RUUUUUUUUULES!!!

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    :confused:

11. ummm, dude, cliff burton did anesthesia

12. sanitymw

sanitymw

Mar 28, 2001
    ...............................I know................that still doesn.t deny the fact the newstead rules.........as well as cliff burton..............uuuummm......yeah.........Dammit why did you have to go and tell me that? I knew that but i wasn't with it.......... excuse my while i go find a large knife.........

13. sanitymw

sanitymw

Mar 28, 2001
    That's where i got it from...........

14. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    The trippiest bass solo that anyone has ever done in any genre is, by far, Jaco's "Portrait of Tracy". No contest. Don't even bother bringing anything else up, because it's the best.

Of course, it might not be appropriate for you. In fact, it probably isn't. =/ So, yeah... more info, please. =)

15. Lazy

Lazy

May 30, 2001
    Vancouver BC
    Don't give me grief, but Brian Rithchie from the Viloent Femmes has some really cool guitar style bass solos. His sound is kind of an odd acoutsic+pick+light strings sound, but it's definitely worth a listen!

16. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Flea's outro solo on "Coffee Shop" off of One Hot Minute ... not that hard if you've got your speed up to scratch. something like that should knock the footwear attachments offa your band mates :D

17. victor wootens Me and my bass guitar is a good place to start for any thing smart on your plank
    or primu (les Claypool) tommy the cat off of rhinoplasty cause that ukin rules

18. Jaco's solo on 'Havona' gives me tingles every time I listen to it.

19. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I really dig Keith Horne's "20 Over Dixie" solo.

and about a million others, you've got to narrow it down.

20. Marcus Miller is nice.
    Portrait of tracy with Jaco.