Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BEST BASS SONG EVER

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Impulsee, Jan 11, 2003.

1. if someone could tab that...id love them forever....^_^

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well...I'm not big on tabbing...but I'll help you out anyway
    its all slap/pop stuff so if your up to snuff with your slap/pop you should be able to figure out the rhythmn yourself

G----8--10---------------------
    D---------------------------1--3
    A------------8------------
    E----------------1~3~1

ummmm...thats pretty much it...theres not really any variation but there are definatly little subtle things you could throw in to make a truly kicking line....have fun with it.

~= quick hammer-on
    you could also do it this way
    G----8--10---------------------
    D---------------------------
    A------------8--------------1
    E----------------1~3~1-----3

geez I feel so weird actually tabbing something out....but when in rome....

Disclaimer: tabs kill...dependence on tabs will harm your overall development as a musician, unless you never intend on taking music to the next level I advise you to learn standard notation.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The intro was funny... not THE best bass song ever... but a cool little thing.

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Wow, I don't want to be negative or anything but...is it me or is that some of the worst bass tone around? My gosh that is just awful...what the heck did he record that song with?

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    a lot of mids and a bass with active pick-ups :D

I wasn't to fond of the tone either....but as a spoiled fodera owner thats to be expected ;)

6. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    That wasnt the best bass song in the world, but it has a nice little slap line

7. LOl guys. He dident actually record it, its just a bass loop he found on like kazaa or something. Idk it was liek 4am and im like "THE BEST BASS SONG EVER" lol, its not. its just fun.

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Aw man, i was like "AWSOME" when i saw the topic, then like "WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP, IT'S JUST LIKE THE NEVERENDING STORY MOVIE DISSAPOINTMENT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, LIES!!!" When i heard it. Maybe it's the tone... i agree with bass sax man, what the heck are you useing?

9. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I dont think Impulsee recorded it...I think he just linked to it but...still.

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh good, i was restraining myself because i thought he wrote it. Man that thing SUCKS. i VOMIT from my mouth in utter disgust.

Ok, over reacting just a little. but i was really hoping to hear the best bass song ever. darnet.

11. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Actually, I thought that bass tone sounded kind of like your recording of classical thump you posted here a while ago. Did you just have really old strings when you recorded that?

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    very old....approximatly 7 months or so.

13. Yeah I think we all wrote that bass line at one time or another. Purdy simple to me.

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I vomit from my ear personally.

15. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I wrote that,, and thought about it,,, and said, "Nah, no one is going to be that mean."
    i also EAT WITH MY SPOON, KNIFE, AND....FORK....
    so go some place with THAT why don't ya.... ya little....:p