-Best bass under $500-

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rb26nate, Mar 14, 2005.

1. rb26nate

Mar 8, 2005
    what do you think the best bass to buy under $500 is? help me out
  2. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    The MIM fenders are pretty good basses for that price also Spector has some pretty nice cheaper model bases. oh and Ibanez has some cool ones to

just try a bunch out and see what you like
  3. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    My Ibanez BTB405QM. :) I'm putting this up soon. 350 shipped to the lower 48, including a very nice heavy duty Spector gigbag. 3 band active EQ, sweepable mids, locking output jack, 24 frets, excellent condition (typical player wear keeps it from mint, but NO nicks scratches or dents). Tone and action are great. I just don't play it much, and need money.

Click for bigger...
  4. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    1) Welcome to TB
    2) Do a search
    3) Go to a music store and see what you like.
    4) We need more info than "what can I get for this much". What style of music? How many strings ya want? What do you currently use, why don't ya like it, and what sound are you going for?
    5) my suggestions: SPECTOR & G&L Tributes (in general these basses work for everything :p)

5. glnflwrs

Jan 25, 2005
    Hesperia, CA
    ESP makes a few nice basses under $500.

My ESP LTD Viper 254 was $449. I love it. IMHO it's way better than the Epiphones and other 'economy' brands.

6. Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Spector Legend 4.... enough said. Only $499.
  7. Bassliner

Mar 15, 2005
    I'm still regulary playing my TCS Jazzbass (fretless) which was so cheap, most people dont believe me. Bought it at a luthier who defretted it for around 170$ new. The only thing I did after that was coat the fingerboard with epoxy. One of the pickup covers (not the chrome stuff..the plastic around the pickup) is broken but I really don't care.
    At gigs, I always get compliments about the sound... Good basses dont have to be expensive.. although I have my share of expensive basses aswell :eyebrow:
    All in all, I don't think it really matters. Just play a lot of different basses at stores and take the one you fell in love with!