1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Bass!; Worst amp!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gottawalk, Mar 25, 2006.

1. I was just practicing with my Warwick FNA Jazzman Fretless and it dawned on me that I was playing through my Laney 75 watt amp, that (from what I've noticed here) isn't one of the most accepted amps in the list of equipment...
    Ya' know what? My Warwick STILL sounds great!!!

So!!! That being said; what's the best bass you've played through the worst amp you've used that STILL sounded good because of the bass you were playing???

2. Rickenbacker/Fender Rumble 15!!!

3. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Ric 4001 through a Kustom 200 Bass amp and cab....looked pretty hot, sounded pretty good, too!

4. Dincrest

Dincrest Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Dude, my Warwick Corvette Standard sounds awesome through any amp I play it through. It sounded good through my old crummy decade-and-some-change old Crate BX-15 practice amp. It sounded good through some tiny Kustom practice amp at a friend's place. It sounded good through this tiny Peavey practice amp at a friend's place.

IMO, the Crate was the worst of the lot. Tone's cold, contained, and boxy. But somehow, my Warwick sparkled through it. Even my Mom heard the difference between my Warwick through that amp and my cheap Ibanez through it.

I'm a biased Warwick fanboy, but I wholeheartedly believe that a Warwick bass can sound good through anything.

5. I"m there, man!!! Mine sounds great ALL the time!:bassist:
    I'm already trying to figure out how to get another one...

6. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    +1

Same axe. similar story.

7. Bassopotamus

Bassopotamus Guest

Mar 22, 2006
    Ocean Springs MS
    fretless warwick corvette
    fender bassman 20

8. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    I played my Alembic S1 through a Behringer BX300 practice amp to back a singer friend at an open mike night and it sounded OK.

9. I have you ALL beat. My brand new G&L L2000 through a JVC boom box which my mom uses to play cd's, it happened to have a "guitar" input (along with a scratch pad, drum pad thing, etc) and since I have no amp at the moment, that's what I'm using, it still sounds killer, in fact it sounded better than the yorkville stack I was trying out at the store near me.

10. Dincrest

Dincrest Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Warwicks are like potato chips. I would love to have another one. And in all seriousness, I will never have any qualms about playing my Warwick through some club's crummy backline (and there are some clubs who sometimes require all the bands to play through the backline if they're doing a battle-of-the-bands deal with multiple bands to conserve space) because I know it will always sound fantastic.

Heh, and it looks like many of the replyers agree. Warwick does sound good through anything.

EDIT: And one time I did a "ghetto fabulous" recording using the built in mic of an off-brand boombox and recorded a tape of my Warwick through a small G-K combo and me singing and I was surprised at how good the bass sounded. I can only imagine how good it would sound through REAL recording equipment and real amp microphones.