Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassvirtuoso13, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Ibanez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Warwick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ken Bebensee

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Zon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fodera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Carvin

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Fender

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  8. Warrior

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Conklin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Pedulla

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I personally prefer Bebensee

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    spector, unluckly not mentioned in the poll

3. Spector isn't even close to being the best.

4. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I prefer Fender,but If I could afford a Sadowsky or a Ken Smith,I may prefer one of those.

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    HE goes to Berklee, remember?

6. Well, for YOU, it's not. For some people, it's the best bass in the world.
    This whole topic is completely subjective.

7. I feel bad that I had to leave out some good companies (Ken Smith, Elrick, etc.)

8. Spector is over rated. I found that I could only get a few tones out of them. Even with EMGs (my faves) I couldn't get a tone that I liked. I've had this experience with atleast 5 of them.

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, and if HE goes to berklee, then HE must know what he's talking about, right?

this is totally ridiculous. you've implied some kind of intellectual high ground because you go to berklee at least 3 times that i've seen today. why do you think that going to a music school makes your opinions more valid?

a berklee grad drummer tried out for my band. couldn't hack it. and he was a graduate, not a student.

10. Yeah, bag on Spectors all you want because the K.B.'s are the red headed stepchild of high end basses. They're just butt ugly! BTW, you placed Ibanez and Carvin in the poll but you left out Ken Smith, Dingwall, MTD among others? How fitting... :rolleyes:

11. Hey I didn't bring it up. Bassmonkee brought it up I said it once and now ppl are taking this to the extreme. I've also been making jokes about going there. I have never implied that because I go to Berklee I know more than people who do not. Even though I spend all of my time around equipment and all of my free time is spent practicing and searching for the perfect bass doesn't give me a say correct. I've been playing bass since I was 5 years old and I've had many,many basses and and have tried all that I could think of so dont give me this crap about me exploiting the fact that I go to Berklee.Berklee has been valuable in my my musical education but to say just because I go there I automatically "know IT ALL" would be ludicrous.

12. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i start to think that:
    1you are not studying in berkeley
    2if you study there there are possibilities even for the monkeys
    3you study there and your father is the owner of the berkeley music school

i suggest you to start a virtuoso's corner when you'll illuminate us with your incredible knowledge, thanks

13. It's Berklee pal not Berkeley. And if you don't believe that I go there that is fine with me.

14. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :rolleyes:

i'm still looking forward to hearing some of your recordings using sounds never heard before from your eventide and your 7-string that you are already bored with.

15. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    the sun is still shining on me, and on jt wonderful basses.

16. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :D hey barroso you do pretty well for a natural born italian speaker.

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Best? What a subjective concept. :rolleyes:

And no slam intended against these manufacturers, but how can you put in Warwick, Ibanez, Fender and Carvin and then leave out a bunch of small custom builders whose basses blow most of the ones you listed away?

18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I feel the alt. creeping in here.

easy, boys.

19. I can't get the sounds saved on my recording mac to my personal computer. It is an impossibility. I could play back a recording and use a mic to pick up the sound but I dont have a mic. If you want an example of a sound I have gotten here goes my brief explanation : I play a funk bass line through an effect I created called "3 Krazy Basses". One bass is the normal signal, the 2nd is a signal transposed up a perfect fifth from the root (root happenes to be G) and the next is an octave above the major third. With a tad bit of reverb and an envelope follower.

20. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    oh yeah, thanks.
    i can go on!

hear these
    the cat is on the table
    my name is marco
    how are you?
    how aol are you?

i graduated at bark-lee. the famous school that teaches english to the dog like me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.