Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best "Bassist Available" Ads????????

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Jay Terrien, Jan 25, 2005.

1. If you are like me, these kind of ads MAKE YOUR DAY! This one is truly genius:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/muc/56841582.html

BASS NINJA i will kill you MASAKATSU AGATSU
    Reply to: bradisfunky@yahoo.com
    Date: 2005-01-24, 1:11AM PST

my name is brad, but you can call me 'action boy'. i am a bass ninja. i will kill you with my bass. i am looking for people who want me to kill them. i'm like, you know, pretty good, me n this other guy are like a tie for best on electric at csulb and i'm like third on classical upright, but straight shoota, numba one, ichiban at jazz. oh yeah, i forgot to mention, i am the funkiest bass player in existence. like i'm half white and half japanese but soulful black people like my friend carnell are always wanting me to play with them. bands that kill me are sly and the family stone, lakeside, old prog rock like rush and new prog rock like bad dudes, and zapp n roger. plus jazz frickin rules. one time i stared at marcus miller for like an hour at IAJE. it was intense. and like i study with crazy guys that kill me and they think i'm pretty okay most of the time. one time i played this crazy lick and my friend chris was like '***?!? damn you are crazy at bass.' and this other time i was gonna smack dave weckl on the ass but i chickened out and got his autograph instead. also aikido is pretty fun. and i can do handstands for like two minutes.

-actionboy

2. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    Fess up...you wrote that yourself, didnt you?

Shame, shame, shame....

;)

3. JonTheBassGuy

JonTheBassGuy

Dec 12, 2004
    I wish i was the funkiest bassist alive. I WISH I WAS THE BASS NINJA! :smug:

4. dude! he's like, ok for most of the time and he kills his friends with his bass, so leave him be! plus, I too have had the urge to smack dave weckl's ass!

seriously, tho,
    that's one hell of an essay.

5. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    and I'm like third on classical upright. :D

6. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Now I am depressed. I looked up my ranking for electric at csulb and he was like "Dude, what comes after trillions?" :(

7. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    Haven't seen any good "bassist available" ads, but I do have a favorite "wanted" ad. From the late 70's/early 80's

Do you play bass?

Can you sing?

Can you sing and play at the same time?

Do you like punk/new wave music?

If so, then stop reading and start dialing!!

I thought it was so funny I took the ad. Hope they put it up somewhere else and got some calls.

8. I think I know that guy... he must have escaped from the cage his parents keep him in. However it is of no consequence , because he may be BASS NINJA, but I am BUSHIDO a BASS a MASTA! I shall DE-head him with my mighty Ax (hehe) and then throw his body into my pig farm!

9. theres like, these killa bands that, like are ichiban at csulb and like, kill him.

Wonder if they need a hand killing him?

10. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    This is what happens when relatives marry.

Mike

11. Mike is just jealous coz he has no REAL ULTIMATE POWER!

12. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I saw a local ad for a jerk off singer. In his ad he told prospective bands that they "must have tons of equipment, because I am that good!"

13. haha

i read this ad in a local cd shop. basically a band looking for a bassist to join an emo/punk group. influences were lots of groups i never heard of etc.... (umm, Hed On The Doors was one...??)

Anyway, some smart lad had written with his texta on the ad.

"Who needs another emo band??? f**ker?"

gold

14. RollingMonkey

RollingMonkey

Nov 11, 2004
    This doesn't totally relate to the topic, but I saw an ad for a band looking for a bassist. At the bottom it said "Warning: Some band members mildly retarded and prone to crying unexpectedly". I thought that was pretty funny.