Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best beatle bass clone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tubster, Aug 1, 2003.

1. tubster

tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    Any ideas for the closest thing to the real thing (that's not real) and at the lowest price?

Jay turser, epiphone, tokai - I am sure I have missed a lot. there must be one that stands head and shoulders above the rest...no?

I'd like to hear about: construction, playability, electronics, sound and anything you consider relevant.
    T

2. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I have a Rogue copy that I like. I haven't played any of the others that you mentioned. I recently ripped the frets out of mine, rewired it to 2 volume controls and carved a new bridge saddle. I tried it live for the first time two days ago, and while the tone was good, the G-string would feedback wildly if I didn't mute it well.

Here is picture of my newly-modified Rogue.[​IMG]

3. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Dang, why did that picture come out so big?:confused:

4. MattFreemanRock

MattFreemanRock

Nov 30, 2002
    It looks like there is a ghost flying around you :D

5. Hence "spooky".

6. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    The guy who took that picture said he didn't notice any smoke when he took it. He figured they were "orbs" that the paranormal investigators frequently catch when they photograph haunted places. I thought it was just my ugly face messing with the lens.....