1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Bergatino cab for Metal and bottom end?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MackaD, Mar 18, 2008.

1. MackaD

MackaD

Mar 17, 2008
    Any one have experience with a Bergatino cab set up that would suit fast loud tech-metal style and be able to put out a fat bottom end at high volume??? I think this is the brand for me going by the reviews but feel free recommend other gear.

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The HT322 would certainly do that very well, but if you wanted a bit more midrange punch, the HS410 or AE410 are also quite good.

3. The NV215 has loads of low end but might be a little traditional sounding, lacks a bit of the more immediate punch that you might get from tens but still has a bit of kick to it if you ask me.

4. Groovin

Groovin

May 25, 2006
    Wash, D.C.
    +1

Tens are best for quick metal.

5. Yeah if techy actually it's probably best to get some tens in there. I saw the word "low" and jumped on the chance to whore that cab, I love it to pieces but my band play some pretty techy post hardcore (mixed with numerous other crap) at times so I'm gonna have to add some tens or something to it at some point.

6. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    HT322. Has a 12 and 210's in 1 enclosure. LOTS of lows

7. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

I use one (or two) Berg NV610's with a GBE1200, and get all the tone, punch, and volume I need or could want. One NV610 is more than sufficient 95%of the time.

8. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Huh... what .... did you say something... :help:

BRS's band kicks loud-azz classic rock booty. Schaweet! Great tunes!
    His NV610 is whoopin' (just one)

9. Sptz

Sptz

Apr 18, 2004
    Erm... so sorry to "invade" your thread but just wanted to ask a quick question, I ordered today a Genz Benz GBE750 and a NEOX 212T cab, I play a lot of fusion/jazz, but I would also use it for my death metal band, should I cancel the order on the cab and add some 10's? Or will the 12's cut through? Thank you and once again sorry.

10. godsey

godsey

Mar 26, 2007
    East Tn.
    I have the ht 310 powered by an ampeg svt 2 pro, it sounds awesome..........

11. MackaD

MackaD

Mar 17, 2008
    Yea.. ive heard nothing but good things about the NV610 but how well would you say it handles fat botton end? And do you think it would suit a fast metal style?

12. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

The NV610/GBE1200 is like getting kicked hard by a mule, no kidding. I play loud, fast hard rock so IME - yes, it will. It is a superlative cab.

13. MackaD

MackaD

Mar 17, 2008
    Ive ordered the NV610 and the HS410 for a 2 week trial.. Gonna put em head to head (or should i say cab to cab) to decide which one suits my sound.

14. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    I'm really interested in the comparison. I don't want fat bottom end, but I do play fast paced metal, so I hope you put your findings somewhere!!