Best brand for a black pearloid pickguard for a MIM P-Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RandomEvent, Dec 5, 2007.

1. RandomEvent

RandomEvent Guest

Nov 10, 2007
    Ok, I'm in the market for a new pickguard, but I don't want to have to drill any holes or anything, so something that would fit a Standard MIM would be great. I looked at the Fender brand one, and it looks a lot more silver than black, unless I just looked at the wrong one. Anyway, where online can I get the blackest/best looking black pearl pickguard?

2. **** I don't know but i know that you have a nice ROSETTA WAKE LIFT AVATAR. DAMN BEST BAND EVER. PERIOD.

oh and btw, black pearloid pickards are always silver/blue type of color.

3. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    I have a couple of Black pearl PG's that I got from Warmoth that were very nice, I did have to re-drill a few of the holes.

Seeing as you want a 1-to-1 fit you will probably have to send it in but check with Roger at Jeannie's pickguards http://home.comcast.net/~pickguards/index.htm. He may have a MIM replacement.

4. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    the cheapest one is always best :) just kidding I use allparts

5. RandomEvent

RandomEvent Guest

Nov 10, 2007
    I guess I'll just get the standard Fender one then. At least I know it'll fit. I'd send to get one made, but I'm all about instant gratification. As soon as I get an idea in my head, I want what I want ASAP.

6. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
  7. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    Its not just you, I almost lost my mind waiting 3 days for a new part..

8. RandomEvent

RandomEvent Guest

Nov 10, 2007
    I just bought one... lol. A standard Fender one.