Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Brand

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Homie G, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Ibanez (My fav)

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Fender

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  3. Gibson(if there is any)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Too many variables to pick just one

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Homie G

Homie G

Jun 26, 2001
    hey guys witch brand of bass do you reackon is the best
    i like Ibanez bass and i like thier amps aswell
    wat do u say?

2. In my own personal opinion, i would say the best basses are Spector basses and the best amps are Aguilar.

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Homie G. ther are too many other great companies out htere that are much higher than those 3 :) but if i chose from those 3.. probably Fender?

4. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    If these were the only choices, Fender. Thank goodness there are more out there than three. But of the three you posted Fender belongs as a choice, Gibson marginally should be posted as an option, but Ibanez (IMHO)???? Light your torches brothers, here we go again!!!

5. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Ibanez BTB's and ATK's are top basses. I don't like the soundgears much.(I have an Ibanez GSR200L).

6. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Homie, are you Ben's buddy? :)

Bones

7. I wouldn't say those are the BEST but out of those I would say Ibanez. I've played one and I really liked it. Anyways My fav. amps are peavey...I'm saving up to get one....does nayone know what type of bass Flea plays?

8. Is it me or is this just silly?

9. you like ibanez amps as well? Well, they only make like 20 watt combos, are you ready to blast out an Ibanez amp through any kind of gig?

(and for the record, I DO own an Ibanez 24 watt practice amp that came with my bass.)

10. yowzers, i had no idea ibanez made amps.

yes stingray, this is a downright wacky thread in my opinion. :)

11. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Outta these 3 i gotta say fender-so far everything bass except strings & straps i have are fender/FMIC-cords,basses,cases,amp. thats all

12. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    This is a bit insane. Then again, maybe there are only 3 brands available where this dude lives.

13. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Modulas Flea Bass and Musicman Stingrays (genrally).

14. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    FENDER!!!!!!!! #1

15. Fender out of those choices (though I'd like to try out an old Gibson Ripper if I could ever find one).

I'll take a Spector bass and some Eden amplification If I'm not limited to those choices though.

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yep.:rolleyes:

17. MattK

MattK

Jun 20, 2001
    atlanta , GA
    i like peavey and esp but thats just me.......
    i own a peavey fury 2 and its nice and ive played the esp b-204 and its a sweet instrument.

18. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    Well, I've never seen a Homie G here before so I shall first say welcome. And now, even though their are a lot more basses out there and things of that nature, I would have to say that Fenders have to be the best choice that you have up there. I play an Ibanez ATK (it rocks! :D) but I don't believe that all Ibanez basses are as versatile or whatever as Fender basses are. That's only my opinion though. :D

19. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I wouldnt buy any of the 3 myself! Well unless its a old fender! But id say you forgot the truly good basses! Spector, Fodera,lakland,Alembic,Ken smith.Pudulla,Warwick, and on and on and on!

20. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I LOVE Sterling's. So my vote goes to Music Man.

For amps? I perfer an inbetween Ampeg and SWR. I don't like to go too bright, and I don't like to go too warm. So I'm gonna say my Peavey rig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.