Best bridge for Warmoth Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lenko, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Hi guys!:)
    I'm thinking of putting together my very first Warmoth bass and I don't know which bridge would suit the best. Leo Quan, Hipshot...any others? Please, name the differences and +/- for each of them.
  2. Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm making my warmoth fretless jazz with the schaller 463. I have one on my Pedulla pentabuzz, and it's incredible. You can adjust everything, including string spacing. It's also really solid. The only flaw is that you have to run the strings though the end of it, so if you're using heavy gauge flats, it's a little tricky, but still possible.

The hipshot is a sweet bridge too, i have one on another bass, but warmoth only offers the tremalo one, which, to me, would be useless.

I say either the hipshot or the schaller would be an excelent choice.
  3. Hipshot Type A Bass Bridge

Hipshot Style "A" Bass Bridges with adjustable string spacing (Available in 4, 5, 6 & 7 string models)
    Hipshot style A Bass bridges are available in a wide variety of string spacings; in your choice of aluminum or brass. Type A saddles feature variable string spacing adjustment for even greater versatility and fine intonation adjustment as well.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I have a Schaller roller bridge on my green custom bass and it's a very high quality piece. Much better than a Badass and better than a Gotoh as well (though the Gotoh is a fine piece as is the Badass).On Watmoth's bridge site it's listed as a "463".

Personally I prefer the sound of a low-mass bridge. If I had it to do again I'd put a low-mass Fender style bridge on my custom.
  5. You might get more responses if this were posted in the setup forum!

6. dveeus1

Jan 7, 2001
    DFW, Texas
    For me, Its a BADASSII bridge. Have had BADASS bridges on my Jazz since the '80's. Will be doing the same on a Warmoth fretless I plan on building this winter.

But, that's just me
  7. I have a badass II on my fretless and it is a very stable bridge! I would suggest even this bridge as a considertaion!

8. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I have the Gotoh 206 on my Warmoth fretless, and it works great, plus it didn't cost much. When I was restoring my '75 Jazz, I went with NOS Fender bridge. That bridge has a lot to do with typical Fender 'sound', so if that's what you are after, don't look at other, high-mass bridges.
  9. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    My MTD 535 has all hipshot hardware, it is very nice!

I also liked the gotoh bridge that was on my modulus, very nice piece for a low pricetag.