Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best cab/combination for 350W

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scutterflux, Aug 7, 2002.

Which cab/combination for 350W

Poll closed Aug 12, 2002.
  1. 1x15

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2x10

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. 2x12

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. 4x10

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. 1x15 + 2x10

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  6. 2 2x10

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. 2 1x15

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Just checking to see what you would recomend? Also could you post the name or type of cab you would recomend?

2. I said 4x10 because it'll be louder than any of the other cabs and with 350w you'd probably like as much headroom as you can get.

Models? Glad you asked.

Price no object? A pair of Eden D-210XLT or XST. Nothing like modular stuff.

Good bang for the buck? Again Eden. D-410XLT.

Bargain basement but still not bad gear? Avatar B410.

3. Wait a min. Isn't the Eden D-4X10XLT $1,260.00??? I wen't to their web site: http://www.eden-electronics.com/410XLT.html
    and sure enough that is the price. Now i may be cheap, but that sure as hell isn't a "Bang for a buck" to me...

4. That's Eden's list price - even MF sells them for $250 less than that.

There are other options.

You could get hold of Gard at Bass Central. He posts here all the time. He treated me way more than fair on a couple of Eden purchases.

Or - they're on eBay all the time.

5. Do you Trust the stuff on E-bay.

6. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    I do. Just look over the listings & feedback reports carefully and you'll be fine.

7. Bass Bill

Bass Bill

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm real happy with a Genz Benz 4x10 in a similar situation. Got it on eBay with no problem. I've bought and sold tons of stuff there. Like the other guy says check the feedback, skip the sellers with bad or no feedback, and the ones that sound flaky.

8. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    All those combinnations would work fine with a 350W head.
    I personally would not get a single 115 or two 115's because IMHO they don't 'cut' as well as 10's or 12's.
    I also would not get a single 210 because that's a bit weak for me.
    So I voted for all the remaining setups - which is 'best' is a matter of taste. I decided for a 212 because of portability, price and overall well balanced tone.
    If weight was no matter and I needed more volume I would probably try a 410 with extended low end (like Eden XLT, Ampeg HLF, ...) - not sure if I would like it better than my 212 though.

Matthias