1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Cab EVER!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassjigga, Mar 30, 2006.

1. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    The Glockenklang Double. Just received it yesterday. People - words cannot begin to describe the sound of this cab. It is the smoothest, sweetest thing I have ever heard. And I converted from a Bergantino HT322. I had been using a Heart-Rock head through the Berg, so I knew what Glock was about, but this cab has exceeded any expectations I could have even began to think about conceiving of. It's like hearing the bass for the first time. It is smooth, refined, clear, responsive, warm, just beautiful. I really don't understand why anyone would use anything else. You've got to hear these things. Take a trip if you have to. It's worth it. Or heck just order one! You won't be disappointed.

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    What bass and head were you using?

3. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    One problem. They're upwards of 800 euro. Which in todays market in america is like... 960 bucks. Which is like... enough for me to pay off my car and buy solid used equipment that sounds soo soo good.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Congrats man! Nothing is more fun than finding gear you end up loving!

5. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    I'm using fretted and fretless Zons and the Glock Heart-Rock head. True they are not cheap. But they are definitely worth the price tag. In fact after hearing it I forget the price. ;)

6. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

excluding extremes, imo price should only be a concern if it is of concern.

congrats on your new enthusiasm for your gear.

7. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    Had some more time with the cab and I've got to say it's impressive how even the response is. I can truly tell now how other cabs highlight certain frequencies. These things really do start off flat which is nice if you want to dial in your sound.

8. I don't know a thing about that brand except I LOVE THAT NAME, 'GLOCKENKLANG' - Really, do names get any better?

Congrats! Hope you and your Glockenklang have a long and productive love affair!

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Nice score dude. I have never heard one in person, but I do not doubt the quality.

-Mike

10. Shiveringbass

Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005
    France
    Wellcome to incredible Glock. world Bassjigga !!!
    ;)
    I use a Quatro and a Soul for 3 years now and there is still a big smile on my face each time I crank this rig up.
    :)

Sheers

11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That Glock Double is definitely on my GAS list! :) I am so very impressed by my Duo, Duo Wedge, and Space Deluxe.

Tom.

12. rporcupine

rporcupine

Jun 7, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    o you americans have it so bad..

ahem..

in england everything is double the price.. and thats no exageratting

13. Are you in the US... where did you get the cab?

14. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
  15. Thanks!

k

16. Congrats! I really want to try Glock gear sometime. Of the many different amps and cabs I have used, I have never encountered anything Glock.

17. GlockenKlang means bell like tone

The word is getting out on how great the cabs and heads are.

Some of the cabs are made here in the USA in order to be more affordable without sacrificing the integrity of what is Glockenklang.

I love my Tedd cabinet,1x15wa6, and I think it is one of the best cabinets I have ever heard. I have the older Heart Core amp and feel the same way about it too.

I have moved to lighter gear. I bought the MarkBass LM and the newer LMII amps and they are fantastic amps. I also have the lighter Schroeder cabs. They perform well and are easy to move about. lighter cabs has their trade off in the net sound vs portability they offer.

I am hoping that Udo will design an amp using the new tech to come out with his version of the new wave of amps that are hitting the market.

I have been considering selling/trading my Glock rig but have decided to hold on to it unless something of equal gas comes along.

Every time I play the Glock gear it puts a smile on my face and I remember why I have it. I love the sound, warmth and clarity they give . It really is me coming through the amp/cab.

I would like to get a Space deluxe for small venues

Peace

18. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    Damn this thread, I just pulled the trigger on a Glockenklang Duo Wedge ! :smug:

19. :mad:

I was in Atlanta a few weeks ago and I wanted to go check out some gear because I was bored. Couldn't find a music shop ANYWHERE.
    Then, I flip through this month's Bass Guitar mag, and there it is, Atlanta Bass Gallery. Literally a mile from where my wife lives, right on Piedmont.:bawl:
    Oh well, I'll be in Atlanta again sometime this year...
    C7

20. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That is a flat out great cab! You are going to love it! [and of course, if you don't love it, you know who to PM!!! :p]

Tom.

P.S.
    Seriously, you WILL love it! :bassist: