Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Cab - Few Options

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eduardo, Mar 7, 2002.

1. eduardo

eduardo

Mar 25, 2001
    BRAZIL
    Help me guys. I have a Eden Time Traveler and a Ampeg BSE 410 / 8ohms. Yesterday, when I was playing, I put the headphones and I felt the true sound of my 2 basses - EB MM Stingray 4 and Fender JB American Standart. So now I am thinking about buying another cab ( 4x10 / 4OHMS OR 2 /2X10 8 OHMS ), but here in Brazil I have few options. So, what do you suggests? 2 SWR Workingman 2x10, 2 Hartke Tp 2x10, 1 GK RBH 4x10 or stay with my cab ?
    Thanks.
    Eduardo:confused:

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Take your bass, amp and cab to the store(s) and try all the cabinets you can. It's the only way to know.

3. eduardo

eduardo

Mar 25, 2001
    BRAZIL
    Thanks Brian, but I only have these options and the good stores are located in São Paulo that is approximately 14
    hours of my city.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Your questions are unanswerable. With no idea of what kind of music and what type of sound you're going for, it's impossible to recommend cabs, let alone choose from the narrow range of choices you've proposed. You'll have to try the ones you have access to and choose for yourself based on which ones sound best to YOU for YOUR needs.

5. honestly- none of those cabs will be a great improvement over your current cab. If you could have either a pair of eden 210xlts or a 410xlt shipped in that would be ideal. Eden cabs would be a major improvement over you ampeg.

6. eduardo

eduardo

Mar 25, 2001
    BRAZIL
    Thank you so much for your tips. Maybe I should keep my cab and buy a Ampeg 1x15 BSE, but I can't wait, someday, to return to US and buy a pair of Eden's cabs and another toys.
    :) To Boogiebass: I am a Bernard Edward's big fan, so that's the sound I've looking for.

7. I took a risk and bought an Eden 410XLT by mail order - mind you they did say I could return it if I didn't like it. I don't know if you could find a similar deal, but it's definitely worth considering.

I am so pleased with this cab.... I now feel lucky I blew my last (Hartke) one, otherwise I would never have known how good my bass could sound!!

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    In that case, I'd recommend you stay with what you have if your options are limited to the cabs you've listed. Good luck!

9. yes they are. He has ampegs "worst" cab. If he had a svt, pro series, or bxt cab I would tell him to hold onto what he has. I am partial to eden, that's why I suggested it. You can't can't really go wrong with an industry standard IMO.