Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best cab for a Trace V4

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phishaholik, Nov 7, 2005.

1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I just bought this V-type 220, which is the model that later became the V4, and I'm looking for a cab that would match it well. I am big fan of 2x15 cabs and I'm looking at the Bergantino NV215 as my main choice right now. Is this a good cab for this head? I need something efficient since this will be my main head for gigging and it only puts out 220 watts. Since it's an all tube head and I heard Trace watts are loud I think this will be enough power with an efficient cab.

http://www.britishaudioservice.com/gear_2.shtml

Thanks for any input,

Mike

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yup, the NV215 would be my top recommendation. I just can't say enough good things about this cab and how good it sounds with Trace Elliot tube amps. Also, I just gigged with my NV215 and my Sadowsky SA200 (@ 200w tube amp), and this combination was plenty loud and sounded oh, so good!

[Edit: Oh, and Shane at British Audio Service is the best!]

Tom.

3. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
  4. I've never heard the Berg's, but I REALLY like the sound of my V6 through Schroeder 1210, and 1212. :bassist:

P.S. Shane is one cool cat!!