1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best cab for Ashdown Mag 600?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bza, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Bza

Bza

Sep 11, 2008
    Essex, UK
    Any opinions?

Ill only be getting 1 cab for the moment...

2. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    i play the MAG600 in store and is hooked up with a ashdown 8x10 cab.

The sound is very punchy and sound good with the head. But one problem for the cab is too heavy to move

3. 1kinal

1kinal

Jan 18, 2006
    Montreal, Qc. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: SIT strings
    I really like the Aguilar GS serie when used with the MAG heads.

The GS is mid-scooped while the MAG heads have great mids; so they complement each other nicely.

4. I'll use this existing thread to make my request without opening a new one. I tried MAG 300 head and loved the tone, so I'm planning to buy a MAG 600. I don't play rock, metal and things like that, just bossa nova, jazz or pop music with soft arrangement. Probably I won't need a lot of volume, so I'd like to add just a single, light cab to it so I won't hurt my back too much.

I heard that the best solution for this purpose is a 115 cab with a big einogh chassis, because 115's are the lightest cabs with the required surface to be used as stand alone. Since I can spend 300 euro max for the cab, I think the best choice is a Hartke 115VX, which shoul'd weight under 30 kg but looks pretty large (and cool). Unfortunately, I can't try it, I have to buy it online.

So, if you tried this match, what do you think? Do you think it have the needed amount of volume and punch for my needs? Given that Hartke cabs are pretty dark and MAG heads are bright in the hi mid range, do you think that the cab woul'd darken the sound of the head which I like so much?

Thanks