1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best cab for Eden wt800c

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Al17bee, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Al17bee

Al17bee

Jan 22, 2013
    Just purchased a wt800c. Paired it with my ampeg pr410hlf. Used in bridged mode and sounds like crap. Farts out real easily no matter how I eq it.i play in a reggae band and want CLEAN lows. Any suggestion. Want no bigger than 410 but need as much headroom as possible. Any suggestions.:crying:

2. Abrahampost

Abrahampost

Feb 22, 2013
    Vermont
    I picked up a WT800 a couple months ago and right now pair it up with an aguilar 212 which has 4 ohm drivers. I had to have my tech pull the thing apart when i first got it and he warned me to not run it bridged. His basic explanation was that when the two power amps are bridged together it messes up the grounding and it can make it very easy to cross a connection or due damage to the amp. When I need more wattage I run one side to the 212 and the other side to a bag end 18 which is honestly more volume then I ever need.

Have you tried just running the 410 with just one channel of the amp... Edens are notorious for having an under powered rating... for myself 400 watts out of one side is sonically louder than my mesa running at 600 watts.

3. Eden 800's sound great with an Eden 410XLT. I've run into that combo in backline gear about a thousand times, with good reason. Big sound, lots of oomph, and cuts through the mix like crazy.