Best cab for low B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazz5757, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Currently considering adding a 15 cab to compliment an Eden 210xlt (just as soon as the speakers are reconed :bawl: )....anyway, any suggestions? It will be powered by my Aguilar DB 750.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Talk to Munjibunga about this.

I thought the same thing with my Metro combo. Adding another 210XLT will be better. Munjibunga can explain it WAY better than I can. Although I did save all of the PM's he sent me about it for future reference.

3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    need a major "bowel moving" cab? accugroove 18" cab.

for something to merely augment it for a medium club, why not Eden's 2x10XST? supposedly engineered to hit that low B funda.

you could always ditch the XLT for a full range sounding Acme B-4. IMHO, nothing's better as a standalone for low B madness. punchie, clear, and HUGE sounding.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    How dare you speak such blasphemy!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits!

5. Well, I should have said that I have another 210XLT and some of the TB folks think I'm pushing those babies too far. I just knew someone would suggest Accugroove----but aren't those REAL pricey? {translation----I'd like to "move bowels" without severing arms and legs to pay for it). Acme B4 huh? That good?
  6. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    I played through an Acme B4 a couple of weeks ago and it was a nice cab. Handled the low B rather well, and it sounded very good, one thing that I hear though is that they arn't very efficient, but I had no problem being heard with two loud half stacks (120 tube watts each) and a loud drummer, I guess that's just IME. I like my Eden too much though!
  7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

8. kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Only 18"?? Piker! Let's have him do it the REAL way and get the Accugroove 21" cab! :D
  9. David_Karns

Feb 1, 2004
    It actually depends on what you're looking for.

My low b's on my pedulla and warrior sound slammin' through my Phil Jones bass 16b and 8t. It's very tight and focused not big and muddy. a friend of mine has a custom 7 string conklin with a low F#. these cabs handle it perfectly. Like playing through great monitors in a recording studio.

if you can find a dealer ... give 'em a try.
  10. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yea, i saw your other thread, and IMHO, a pair of XLT's aint gonna cut the mustard for the volumes you appear to be playing. IMHO, if the XLT's arent loud enough, then its time for a 4x10 + 1x15 stack, or for extra punch a pair of 4x10's.

IMHO, a pair of B-4's WOULD ROCK THE GODS OF ROCK!

might also best to invest in a box of Depends. :D

but seriously, they're one of the lightest 4x10s i've used (78 lbs.), and pound out the punchiest, and biggest sounding Low B i've ever heard. with a QSC PLX3002, you'd be kicking out some massive low end. :cool:

btw, i thought my post would get lost in the infighting of your last thread, and was gonna just PM you, but...

EQ'ing is key. IMHO, instead of blasting the bass knob on your amp or the onboard preamp of your bass, you might wanna instead cut back the highs and upper mids for the illusion of extra bass. what happens is that you're now able to really push the wattage and volume of your amp, without fear of blowing out your speakers. some people forget that an amp's EQ can also "cut" the frequencies back to achieve the same sound. try it, and listen to what happens.

course, if that dont get you the volume you want, then its time for that stack.