Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best cab(s) for Aggie db359

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rayzak, Jan 8, 2003.

1. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Alright everyone, I need your input. I just picked up a db359 for a great price. Now, what cab to run it through? The amp is a 200 watt all-tube head. I was thinking an aggie 2-12, but have heard they lack in mids. How about a Berg 322? Do you think this amp would be powerful enough to run this cab? Anyone experienced with this amp, let me hear your recommendations. I don't want to regret my decision. This will most likely be kept around for a loooong time. Thanks for your input.

2. Pair of GS112s--the DB359's low-mid warmth would more than make up for their slight mid-shyness.

Awesome head. If I ever record an album, I'm renting one.

3. AndyGL

AndyGL

Nov 20, 2000
    Wellsville, NY
    Like Joe said, efficiency is key with that head for gig situations I use mine with an Eden 210xlt, it sounds great and it’s plenty loud for me. These days, sometimes I add my EA cxl-112 for even more punch. Both have an efficiency of 103 db. I like the 2 x 10” with a 12”.

4. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks for the responses guys. A question though? Peter, (or anyone else who wants to answer this) why would you suggest (2)1-12 cabs and not just one 2-12? Keep em comin' guys.

5. AndyGL

AndyGL

Nov 20, 2000
    Wellsville, NY
    I mean Josh....sorry Joe

6. AndyGL

AndyGL

Nov 20, 2000
    Wellsville, NY
    Coming from a guy who came back from the chiropractor today. (I think I pulled it out at the last gig, but that’s what you get for turning into a geezer) If you’re hot on 12’s go with two cabs.

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    JW makes a good point in the volume issue. the 359 aint gonna bust you down with volume, tho to my wimpy ears, it is fairly loud. but if you're going for all out tone, i still like the 322.

then again, i'm a Bergie nut, and anything Berg would make that sweet sweet sweet tone, even sweeter!

my old DB359 was mind alteringly good with my HT112. that glassy smooth high end melded ever soooooooo nicely with the sweet (damn, there's that word again ;)) juicy tone of the DB359.

if it werent for the weight, i would have held onto it, but i now much prefer the much smaller/lighter yet lower wattaged, and still equally rich tone of my Alessandro Basset Hound. (wha? joker got another piece of gear?!?!? :eek: )

but, i do agree with Pete in that slightly mid-less feeling of the DB359's. a GS112's churny thick low mids would nicely fill in the void, but DAMMIT, i'm willin' to bet a HT322 would prolly knock you dead on the spot.