1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best cab(s) for Aguilar DB750?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Black 'n Tan, Apr 8, 2005.

1. OK ... here goes. By bass is a Spector Euro 5 neck-thru.

I need a cabinet (or pair of cabinets eventually) that will cover everything from Contemporary Christian to nu-metal.

I want it to be silky smooth one minute and growling like a mean old dog the next, and possibly screaming like a banshee if need be.

I want it to be rich and deep, blah blah. Also, I would like them to sound good at low volumes as well as loud.

I don't really have the back for really *big* cabs like 8x10's etc. so I'm thinking a pair of cabinets, possibly or or or or ...

Suggestions?

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Whappo.

3. Whappo again!

Personally I've had plenty of opportunity lately to test the DB750 with a variety of cabinets and have to agree,.

4. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Aguilar GS412 bro!

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I like mine with a D-410XLT.

6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Bronx, NY
    I've always felt that the DB750 would be a perfect match with a Bergantino HT322. That cab also fits your requirements.

7. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    There's a lot of really good cabs these days.

Here's a few to consider:

Schroeder 1210 (one or two -- depends on how many people you want to deafen, but with great tone...)
    EA Wizzy (pair)
    Berg EX112s + HT210s
    Accugroove Tri 210 (one or two)
    EA NL-210 (one or two)
    Epifani T-112 NYC (2nd hand) + T-110UL (or a pair of both to get outrageous)
    Bag End D10BX-D (pair)
    &
    a bit of an odd stack, but very good synergy together and esp. w/the DB750 --
    Aguilar GS112 + GS210 (pick these up 2nd hand for a killer deal).

8. inazone

inazone Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    I second this!. Ive heard this combo (outside) and have played it, it one of my favorites.
    Speaking of, Im waiting for the right deal on a db750. Should sound good with my aguilar 412 as well as the 322. :)

9. mrtreacle

mrtreacle

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I use a GS410 and a GS115 with my DB750, and for me these cabs perfectly compliment the amp.

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    at a local GC of all places, i heard a DB750 w/ an Epifani NYC 3x10, and HOLY CRAP, the tones were off the scale. cant imagine the UL series being any different in mojo.

and yea, would love to try an Accugroove with a 750. :bassist: a pair of 1x12's would rock the house.

but if money's tight, i think a pair of Aguilar GS112's would suit the rig fine. heck, they were literally made for each other. ;) deep, fat feel, with a snappy attack.

11. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Schrodinger 21012, Bergie 215, Bergie 610, 2 or 4 Bergie 112s, Aggie 412. Take your pick. Or Eden 610. Or SWR 610. Or something else. The possibilities are endless.